iPhone 6S case dilemma

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jprint

Hi there,

Just bought an iPhone 6S, and I've got insurance for it.

Even though I've got insurance for it, I'm wondering what the best case is for me. I mostly live an urban lifestyle, but I do periodically live in Montana and have dropped a phone in the river. In the past I've owned LifeProof cases, but is that overkill if I have insurance? Is there another case that's suitable, and maybe not quite as bulky? Also, I once owned a LifeProof Nuud case -- the one without the screen protector because it supposedly had gorilla glass that doesn't scratch. But now, it seems the glass on this iPhone 6S is already scratching! So, what would be a good solution?

Thanks!

pastace

Every time they say 'these screens won't scratch' and everytime... they scratch! I'm rocking a Spigen neo hybrid case and SecondSkin screen protector. The best case / screen protector combo I've found by far. I could never use a LifeProof - just seems such a shame to put such a beautiful phone in a big lump of plastic like that.

jprint

Every time they say 'these screens won't scratch' and everytime... they scratch! I'm rocking a Spigen neo hybrid case and SecondSkin screen protector. The best case / screen protector combo I've found by far. I could never use a LifeProof - just seems such a shame to put such a beautiful phone in a big lump of plastic like that.
Thanks for your suggestion! Yeah, I hear you about LifeProof...that's partly why I'm considering an alternative case. (Well, that plus the fact that I've got insurance, so I LifeProof case feels excessive.)

Tell me, does the Spigen neo hybrid case and SecondSkin screen protector combo afford you any kind of waterproof protection? I like the look of your case combo, but like I said...I've dropped my phone into a few rivers, so I'd like to have some kind of protection to prevent against that kind of water damage. Happy to consider other options, too. Thanks!

jprint

Put another way... Is there a case out there for the 6S that's like a LifeProof lite?

Thanks!

drew007

Website
www.cheetahblaze.com
Lifeproof Fre' (not nuud) is a pretty good case and not too bulky at all to me. Its fully enclosed and 100% water proof. Just a thought.