interesting audio books for kids

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

lina

Hi,
i listened beautiful fairy stories,i downloaded from audio books it's has very interesting classical stories,it combined fun,culture and music.a plenty of tiltes available here.it has different stories for diffrent age groups.every story will inspire and touch the heart of listener

cjmnews

Staff member
Of course the Harry Potter series is a must. Jim Dale does a wonderful job with the voices.
My kids also like Eragon and Eldest.
The kind of liked Chasing Vermeer as it was a kid based mystery.
I have listened to The Circle of Magic series and found it pretty good too.

moriond

goldcoaster said:
the site wouldn't open for me. I will try later. Are these pay or free books?
It looks as though these are pay audiobooks, but I didn't see a way to sample. Along similar lines to the descriptions, try Silk Road Storytelling that was described in this post in the complete podcast audiobook sticky thread. For younger children, some other free sources you can check Storynory (downloadable free stories) and the two sources mentioned in my post in the Free Audiobooks thread about StorySpieler (available by podcast subscription, as well as through the web site of completed stories) and Storyline Online.

Another source that I like are the Rabbit Ears stories that are described in this recent post in the Audiobooks "comfort food" thread. You can sample the stories by choosing individual entries under the Our Story Collection links. I think they're still revising the web pages, and the links to the audio samples still appear as blank circles at the bottom of these pages. But if you click them, you can preview streaming samples of each book. Or, you can use the sample links at Audible.com or the iTunes store that are given in the post.

cjmnews said:
Of course the Harry Potter series is a must. Jim Dale does a wonderful job with the voices.
My kids also like Eragon and Eldest.
The kind of liked Chasing Vermeer as it was a kid based mystery.
I have listened to The Circle of Magic series and found it pretty good too.
For older kids who are looking for something along the lines of audiobooks like Christopher Paolini's Eragon and Eldest or the The Circle of Magic series by Tamora Pierce, try the Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen by Garth Nix. These productions are read by Tim Curry, and the last two books became available at Audible this summer. They reorganized the web page just recently (October 20) in a way that no longer seems to work for me under Safari, and which now has requests for people to register for access to some pages, but you can try the main page at GarthNix.co.uk in another browser for more info.

Last edited: