installing WhatsApp on a iPadMini

wdc202

I was about to install WhatsApp but was put off by the many negative comments, (many of which I did not understand fully).

I would appreciate advice from iLoungers. Is the app wrth downloading? Which of the several flavors offered on the App Store should I download? FWIW, I will be using the iPad on a WiFi network. Thanks. .... wdc

cjmnews

Staff member
It is just another messaging app, it apparently pretty good with security (using Open Whisper Systems "Signal" protocol) though they have a small issue with sending messages to offline people. Too technical to really get into it here, but Facebook Messenger has the same weakness.

Signal does not have that weakness.

I don't see a lot of negative reviews. Yes there are a few, but it looks overwhelmingly positive. The app lets you text to any device with the app installed.

There is only one WhatsApp https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/whatsapp-messenger/id310633997?mt=8

My preference is still the Messages app, followed by Facebook Messenger. I also use Telegraph for Pokemon Go Raids, but only for that. I had nothing against WhatsApp, just none of my contacts use it.

joyce_mor

We all different opinions about certain apps, try to weigh on the features that it offers like free message and calls. I have tried to check the review and majority likes it. I am still using Whatsapp but it's not just the app that I have on my phone, I have Viber as a backup and of course the famous facebook messenger.

wdc202

Thank you all for your comments.

I (believe?) I read something that said Whatsapp was not yet available for an iPad Mini. I assume that was a misreading, right? Would someone please CONFIRM that Whatsapp IS available for an iPadMini and tell me which site I should download it from?

Thanks. ...wdc