iMac CD accessory

Chrisman

Dear iLounge Gurus, I know it's antiquated, but so am I getting. Id like your advice on what and where to best get an add-on CD gizmo so I can load my CD library onto iTunes on my iMac. thanks

Chrisman

Dear cjmnews, Hey, thanks for the links. I will look and ask further if need be. For the record, what storage format do YOU use to back up your iTunes Library? Chrisman

cjmnews

Staff member
I use an external USB hard drive that I keep locked in a firebox when not being used for a backup. I use the software Retrospect.

Considering a cloud backup as well (not instead). Though I would want to pre-encrypt anything that went to the cloud first. No need for anyone but me snooping through the files.

I used to use CD/DVD when iTunes supported that. That went away years ago.

Chrisman

Dear cjmnews, Hey, Thanks too for the info on youy backup. I do have an oldfashioned harddrive made by a company called Rosewill but I want to purge it before beginning its' use again. For the record, I have ordered the Apple CD/DVD unit. Yes, as you pointed out it was 3x more than the knockoff but I just dont want to risk incompatibility or some such nonesense even at the peanuts price of $23. These kinds of things shouldnt be so cheap, ending up in the landfill in a few years, bleeding in to groundwater. Happy thoughts, eh? Thanks for your help. Chrisman

Chrisman

cjmnews, IM back with one more inane question: What in your opinion is a good forum for learning some basic use of onboard iMac programs, like how to accelerate the cursor's movement (it advances like a snail) or how to set tabs on 'Pages'
Believe it or not, Ive tried to perform these tasks many times and cannot figure it out :eek:(( I know, Im a Dork thanks again Chrisman

cjmnews

Staff member
Google is what I use. Just put in the words of the question without the common words.

If the question is "How do I make iMac cursor move faster?" I would search for: iMac cursor move faster

I find a lot of my answers on MacRumors Forums as a windows user with a new Mac in the house.

Chrisman

Dear cjmnews, Thanks another time for your quick reply. I will check out MacRumors forums for help. Chrisman