How long does your shuffle battery last?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

shankar

Hi I just want a quick vote on user experience of how long the battery lasts as well as usage of the shuffle, that is, do you skip songs a lot or just keep listening to songs continuously (does this affect battery life?).

Thank you, shankar

K1Unit

If u skip within a song (ex. Fast fordwarding / rewinding ) then yes u use up more battery since u are accessing the drive. Im not to sure about 'skipping' a song. But then again these are just minute usage of battery nothing noticable. Shuffle battery lasts for 12 hrs of music.

GreatGraySkwid

The Humblest
Website
www.thehumblest.net
Um...you are constantly "accessing the drive." That's sort of the point...I'm sure using the controls is a slight drain, but I'd expect it's miniscule. The only operations I'd expect to have a significant drain above and beyond what simple decoding and playback casue would be reshuffling the playlist.

That said, I've not done an exhaustive battery test, but mine has lasted for over 16 hours on at least one occasion...

comshock25

K1Unit said:
If u skip within a song (ex. Fast fordwarding / rewinding ) then yes u use up more battery since u are accessing the drive. ....
I'd like to point out (correct me if i'm mistaken) that the shuffle does not use harddrives like those of the mini or standard ipods. Shuffle uses flash memory. Skipping a song does not consume any more battery than normal. ;)