How do I make mp3 files detected as audiobooks?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

j5tar

Website
www.YourFreeiPhone.com
How do I make mp3 files detected as audiobooks? I downloaded some free audiobooks off the net but they are in mp3 format. How do I make it detected as "audiobooks" on my ipod touch because its so annoying when I put my music in shuffle mode and all of a sudden a audiobook mp3 pops in.

timedrifter

Time Traveler
Website
www.renatomusic.com
no need for a wild goose chase, the quickest fix is to go into the file properties in itunes (right mouse click and select "get info") and in the options tab there is a "media kind" drop down menu and select audiobook, I usually do this with music videos because they show up as movies.

j5tar said:
How do I make mp3 files detected as audiobooks? I downloaded some free audiobooks off the net but they are in mp3 format. How do I make it detected as "audiobooks" on my ipod touch because its so annoying when I put my music in shuffle mode and all of a sudden a audiobook mp3 pops in.
This is the thread with additional information on 'how to' if you need it:
Is there an easier way with iTunes 8 and the new gens?

bigoldcars

no need for a wild goose chase, the quickest fix is to go into the file properties in itunes (right mouse click and select "get info") and in the options tab there is a "media kind" drop down menu and select audiobook, I usually do this with music videos because they show up as movies.
this works! Been trying to find a solution to have my non-music audio not be with my music, and this is it. Thank you!

aprilster

this has been super-helpful, been having the same problem. Thank you!

johnnyradiant

Dont forget in that same Options tab are the 2 checkboxes Remember Position, and Skip When Shuffling. Those are handy to remember too.