Help. Touch lost all music/podcasts

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yakuza17

Help! When I turned on my Touch today to listen to my podcasts, it gave the message that there is no music/podcasts on my Touch. I brought it home today to sync it and I get an error message "iTunes cannot read the contents of SSN's iPod". Even when I try to restore my Touch to factory settings I get a message "An unknown error has occurred (-18)". I still have my contact information, Safari settings, and photos all intact - just the music, videos and podcasts are gone. What's going on??

yakuza17

RHPT - thanks for the reply. I did what was said in the link you posted and everything worked out fine. I was really panicked for a while though!! Thanks for the help!!

Spidubic

That happened to me last night. Synced the Touch with iTunes fine. Unplugged it and went into music........no music!!!!!! Nothing. Yet if I went into the About section is said I had 1.4 gigs free so something was taking up the space. Had to do the delete everything and do another sync. Weird part is when it was all said and done the podcast I had been listening to started where I had left off.

Spidubic

Okay this has happened to me twice more. Went months without problems then last week I synced my Touch and it came up empty. Well, not exactly empty as it said I only have 800mb free. Had to reset and delete. Then this week I synced it up, checked to make sure it was all there. Reconnected the Touch and hour later to sync a podcast. Poof! Gone again. Crazy.