Have you ever bought from...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

idawg

J&R.com? I'm looking for some Sennheiser CX 300-B's and they have the best price. I am always suspicious when the difference is large. Typically the phones sell for $69.99 or higher. J&R has them for $49.99. I love getting a good deal, but am not familiar with this company. Thanks.

edit - changed model from CS to CX. Was re-reading and noticed my mistake.

Last edited:
Yes, I have purchased from j&r.com and have an account with them. They have been in business for many years and it is safe to do business with them. I have never had any problems even if I had to return an item.

dimmer

Lounge Lizard
Same story here, as regards to dealing with J&R. They are a New York based company, with a substantial series of shops that take up the best part of a block in lower Manhatten. You might like to check out B&H as well - I find they often have better prices still, but overall for shopping convenience (and slightly less attitude) I prefer J&R.

There should be no problems dealing with them at all - I have bought from them when I am in NYC for over a decade now with no complaint.

idawg

Thanks!

Thanks for the confirmations. One can't help but be a little sceptical these days. In this case, they just have an outstanding pricepoint!

applenet

J&R is good. The service is good and the prices are great. (I come from Scotland, and i was in NY for a week) Also I like they have a Apple floor. Some may not find that amazing, but Apples luckly if they got a piller or two at the electrical retailers here.

Trad18

I work near J & R and often stop in at lunch or after work. I've happily bought things in their store for years, and have even used their mail order once or twice when I was really busy. I've had no problems.

They don't put any pressure on you to buy, and are generally very helpful and patient explaining things in the store. And their prices are often cheaper than other stores, sometimes by quite a bit. On the rare occasion I've decided to return something, I've had no problems doing so.

james2

When I lived in New York I routinely bought software for my Mac G3 there. I also purchased 4 Palm PDAs from them - the last one being a Tungsten C (with it's famous wifi MAC numbers set to zero problem. I had to return three within two days, and the people at J&R were really great. Even the person receiving defective product returns in the basement was really good. He seemed to be aware of the problem, reviewed the box to make sure everything was there, and that was that. Come to think of it, I also bought a vacuum there. Great service for many years.

Cheers,
James

Ros

We went in Feb (visiting from UK) and J&R was great - lovely cases and really reasonable prices. Staff were very helpful. Returns department has 'take a ticket' style queue - so make sure you don't impulse buy and want to return something.
There were vouchers for $10 off $100 spend and free gift for a $50 spend in the hotel.
There is also a small J&R in Macys on 34th - but the range was nowhere near as good as the main store

CharlieJ

J&R.com = Good people

I've used J&R.com (online) to purchase several items. Their prices are good and they don't rip you a new one on shipping. I would also suggest checking out ComputerGeeks.com. They have good prices, but their selection is not as varied as J&R.com. I hope this helps!

jkravny

I have been living and working in Manhattan for over 10 years now. J & R is one of the best places to shop here. I live uptown, and I go downtown to buy my electronics here (I know it doesn't sound like much, but anyone who has been here knows.....simply getting from uptown to downtown can take at least 30 min on the subway) and I pass multiple other electronics stores along the way.

I always get the best prices there, and they will match any other store in the city. Never had a problem with a return, only actually had one return.

The only things I ever noticed are that some items are a few dollars cheaper online, and if you check online and they have it in stock it doesn't mean they have it in the store. It could be in their warehouse (in Jersey).

Only thing that sucks for me is that I live in NY and whether I choose to buy it there or online and get it delivered I pay tax :eek:

No worries about shopping there.....great series of stores (its been said before...they are pretty much the entire block outside of city hall)

If a few people on here would like photos I would be happy to take some of the ipod section they have next time I'm down there :D as well as some of the other sections.