• This is not the place to tout your latest must have app. It will be viewed as spam if you do post a link to your application or any "hey this app is awesome" shill style posts and your post will be removed and you may be banned.

If you wish to submit an application for inclusion on the iLounge.com main site please do so by sending an email to [email protected]

GoBible App?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

W8WCA

Website
www.swl-ute.com
Hello all:

Is there any way to get an app (.ipa) that is no longer in the itunes store and the comapny (GoBible LLC) is no longer in business?

I Lost my iPhone 5S back up of it (before 11.X) and now I see it is no longer available.

I do have an early version on an old ipod touch 4th gen I can use, but there were updates

It never got to 64 Bit version - but I just bought an iPhone 5 new in box specifically for this App!

cjmnews

Staff member
Probably not. iOS 11 moved to fully 64 bit app only support. Meaning old 32 bit apps will not run on iOS 11. Besides that, unless all the data is in the app, the servers that provided the content are no longer available if the company is out of business. You can switch to others like Bible which has dozens of translations, highlighting, bookmarks and more.

You can install your app on older iOS devices, if you have the .ipa file by enabling manual sync (click on the iPhone 5 in iTunes, put a check mark next to Manually Manage Music and Videos and click the Apply button). Move iTunes to fill 1/2 of your screen

Then use Windows Explorer in the other 1/2 of your screen (or less) to find the .ipa file. Drag the file and drop it onto your iPhone 5 in the left column of iTunes, and wait for a minute for it to sync. Now you can uncheck Manually Manage Music and Videos and click Apply.

Good luck.

W8WCA

Website
www.swl-ute.com
Thank you for the reply.

I think this app has all the data in it the ipa file from my old ipod touch is 860Megs or so

Well I am getting a new iPhone 5 (not S) and it is only 32 Bit and cannot update to iOS 11 so I am safe there.

Bible is good - but I want an Audio Bible for use without and Internet or Cell Data Connection

My iPhone 5 will really just be a ipod kind of

I just remembered I do have a 4th Gen iPad that probably has a newer version of GoBible on it I can use - beats nothing!

cjmnews

Staff member
To get the data from your iPod Touch, you would have to restore the iPod Touch backup to the iPhone 5. The .ipa file typically does not have that kind of data in it.

W8WCA

Website
www.swl-ute.com
Just as follow up.
I was able to get the App installed from a BU of an iPhone 6S I had with it.

Most of my BackUP's would not work with the iPhone 5 though.
None of my iPhone SE's would work and even my iPad w 10.2 would not work

I thought you could just restore apps but seems like can only do full restore

cjmnews

Staff member
You can install an app using the original process I documented (Manual Mode).

To get the data the app had downloaded at the time, restoring a FULL backup is the only way.

Any backup that was from a support iOS for the hardware should have worked. Though I am unsure about iPad to iPhone restores. I would think that should have worked.

At least you got what you needed.