first accesssory to get?

tavarua88

hi there i just bought an ipod and am trying to figure out what accessory to get first. any suggestions would be appreciated! thanks!

Island Roots

I was originally going to get a case, but after using the one Apple included...I won't be getting one. It suits its job just fine...protects the iPod and when used in conjunction with the remote, works great ;)

harry

My first accessory was new headphones. The ones that came with my iPod just didn't fit/feel right in my ear. I ended up getting Sony MDR-EX70's and I'm very happy with them. They very good at blocking out the noise on my train rides and feel good in my ear.

Sam Williams

Aye; I'd grab some EX-70s immediately, and get an improved case if you're interested in preserving the minty flavour of the iPod... :)

gizmo53

Uber Mac User
Depends on the person. I have some new sony headphones, but I lost them somewhere in my house. If you clip the tag in the included case, it works very well (especially if you have something like the iTrip).

Kenny

Super Man
Before any of you run off and purchase the EX70/71's, go down to the Head-Fi forums, and do a search.

If you just want okay sounding earbuds (with a nice shortcord), with great isolation, then go with the Sony EX70/71.
But there are much, much better sounding earbuds in that price range.

Headphones:
Koss Porta Pros
Koss KCS35
Koss KCS50

Earphones:
Sennheisser MX400 & MX500
Sony EP888 (a bit more expensive though)

Joe

Do the Sennheisser series have comparable isolation to the Sony?

Last edited:

Kenny

Super Man
nope. Unfortunately, as for earbuds, only the EX70/71's have good isolation. Of course this only applies in this price range.

Shure's and Etymotics both offer great isolation (as well as superior sound), but for a much much higher cost.

Joe

Hmmm... there's the tradeoff. I've never listened to the Sennheisser series, but I would hazard a guess here: If you are listening in loud environments, go for the EX70s, otherwise the Sennheissers would offer better sound quality.

kamj12

1) PDA wraps -- cheap way to protect from scratches since no new case is available yet for 3rd gen.
2) sony headphone 71's

Jackonicko

Retired
Screen protectors and a case.

If you want the best earbuds, find some Sony MDR E888s, they make the EX70 or 71 seem very poor indeed.

mongoos150

Case!

Definately the first accessory to get would be a case. I have only had my new iPod for one day, and have even kept it in the plastic it came in, and the entire front is covered in tiny scratches. I have no idea how they got there; iPods are scratch magnets. Seriously, that is the first thing you need to worry about if you like keeping it new looking.