• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Fancy That

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

TalkShowHost

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. A year ago to this exact day, I purchased a 3G 40gb ipod. I felt great, and was the first out of my group of friends to buy one, so I enjoyed showing it off. :)

About 5 months after having it, the side split, and the metal had come away from the white plastic. I was pretty annoyed, but being naturally lazy I didn't do anything about it. For months and months, I kept meaning to take it back to the shop I had bought it from and try and get it fixed, but I never did. During these months of course, Apple had been very busy creating the ipod mini, and the new 4G ipods. Then along came the ipod photo, which a friend of mine bought in America. When he came back and showed it to me I felt cheated. He had a brand new ipod with a colour screen, and I had a 11 month old ipod with a split case. My warranty was getting dagerously close to ending, so I decided I had to take mine in and try and get it fixed. Of course I didn't do anything about it. Until yesterday, 1 day before my warranty ran out!!

So I went into the shop I had bought my ipod from and explained what was wrong with it. I'm not really sure what I expected them to do. To be honest I expected the staff in the shop to tell me to go away. But they didn't, they said that in this situation they just give you a replacement. Unfortunately they no longer stocked the 3G ipod. After some detective work on the store's behalf, they decided that they could give me the 4G ipod as a replacement.

Of course, there are now ipods with colour screens! I didn't want a normal 4G ipod, so I asked them if I paid the difference of what I originally paid and the ipod photo, could I get an ipod photo as a replacement. The member of staff went of to ask the manager, and then came back and said that was fine.

So for ??20 I was able to take my old 3G model back after having it for a year, and get a brand new ipod photo. I wonder what I'll get next year!!!

I still think that the 3G design is the best Apple have come up with, and I will miss my old ipod, but now I'm going into a new era (with colour and longer battery life!!).

Ace90

iPod rock
Streetvision said:
Congrat's, man those colour screens sure look tempting.
Tempting...but you'll need some fat pockets to get one...unless you do what this guy did...:)

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
U lucky...lucky chap. I tried to do the same when I got my Mini changed but they said no -.- Wells...:)

Color rocks but it's very expensive here.