Does iPod mini play WMA files?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

george555

Does iPod mini play WMA files

Hi all, i was wandering if the IPod mini's play WMA files, and how do you put them onto the iPod.
Thanks

george555

How to play wma files?

Please could someone tell me the best way to play songs from cd's onto the iPod mini (a have them on my windows media player now as wma files) Is there anyway to get them onto my iPod mini? Thanks

Emultion_Rawks

Resident iLounge Rebel
Website
www.thedigitaloasis.net
Well, first of all, welcome to the iPodlounge forums!

Secondly, the iPod Mini will NOT play WMA files, so you will have to convert them to MP3/AAC.

To convert the songs, you need iTunes, which you will have got with the iPod Mini on a CD. If you have lost that just download it for free here: http://www.apple.com/itunes

Then, open up iTunes and it should convert the songs automatically. It should bring them in, ask you do you want them imported, and then it SHOULD begin converting them. If not, then you will have to re-download the songs off the CDs, but onto iTunes.

george555

Thanks, I dont have my iPod yet, but im going to download iTunes and see if it does that. Once the songs are on iTunes, will all of them play on the iPod?
Thanks again.

george555

Well it seems to be going ok, it had 417 songs to convert, so i think its going to take a while. Thankyou for all your help.

jh-retired

Your two threads have been merged. Do NOT double post again. One thread is good enough to get your question answered promptly.

Good luck with your conversion.

george555

Yes, im sorry about that. I posted it but could not find it anywere. i though i didnt post. So i posted this one. Sorry!!

george555

Iv finished putting all my songs into my libary, but there all in one big long list, is there any way to put the list so that you can just see the albums? and also (sorry to keep asking quesions) but when I put all these albums and songs onto my iPod, will it automaticly put them into the correct album? Thanks for any help

Emultion_Rawks

Resident iLounge Rebel
Website
www.thedigitaloasis.net
First of all, keep asking questions! It's what this forum is for!

Secondly, if you click on 'Browse' in iTunes, with your library opened up, (browse should be in the upper right hand corner), then iTunes will open up a window within the library. Just select 'Albums' from the list, and it will show you all the albums you have.

And yes, when you put all your music onto your iPod, it will automatically arrange the songs into the right albums and genres ect...

george555

Thanks again! Im getting my iPod tomorrow! Is there any way to tell the differance between a 1st gen and a 2nd gen. I want to get the 2nd gen because it has more battery life. But i dont want to get ripped off in the shops? Thank

Emultion_Rawks

Resident iLounge Rebel
Website
www.thedigitaloasis.net
Ok, to tell the generation of an iPod Mini, just look at the back of the Mini. If it says either 4GB or 6GB then it is a 2nd Generation iPod Mini, BUT if it says neither, then it is a 1st Generation.

Don't let those darn shop clerks persuade you into buying another MP3 Player! :)

george555

Ok, I now have my iPod! Iv installed all the software, and its charging. There is a logoon screen telling me to NOT DISCONNECT, put when I go on iTunes , it does not reconize it. Do i have to wait for this sign to go before i can do anything? Thanks

Emultion_Rawks

Resident iLounge Rebel
Website
www.thedigitaloasis.net
Well, iTunes has to recognise the iPod before you can do pretty much anything.

If it still hasn't recognised the iPod after a little while, make sure you have run the 'iPod Updater'.

george555

It cant even do that! it says there's an error. A weird thing is, when installing it, it said to connect the iPod to fromat it, but when i connected it, nothing happened, so i just said carry on without doing this (i have formated in manually) Its been charging for about a hour now and im still getting the Do NOT DISSCONNECT sign. Please help!!!

Emultion_Rawks

Resident iLounge Rebel
Website
www.thedigitaloasis.net
Hmmm, I'm really sorry but it looks like I can't really help you.

The only thing I can reccomend is to reset the iPod. (Hold Menu and the middle button/Play/Pause and the middle button).

Also, try searching through the forums for a thread like this, because I seem to recall a few people having this problem. Maybe try a search.

ArjunGandhi

have u set the itunes to load songs on manual if you did then i think this is normal, because this happens to me, so all you do is leave it there until it is done charging and then disconnect it. If it is not on manual then i do not know what is wrong with it