delete numbers before track title, can this be done

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bha19

I doubt I can do this, but I have just put a complete box set into my ipod. The problem is that each track shows up as 00_00 before each song title. Since there are alot of songs, can I delete the 00_00 without having to do each song individually. If not itunes is there a different program. I doubt it!

bha19

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
If you have a good tagging program, you can make it search for the CD titles in the FreeDB or Amazon.com and then you can write the new tags from there, without the numbers.

Of course this will ony work if the CD titles are found in the data base. For this, the CD needs to be in the correct order and the songs need to match the length of the DB entry. But its worth a shot Id say.

Programs that can do this are "Tag&Rename" and "mp3tag". The first one costs money and the second one is free. Google them if you decide to try it.

mnhnhyouh

Website
www.geocities.com
One difficult to use but very powerful program is Media Monkey. If your song's filenames are all titled correctly, you can use it to write the tags from the song names. It will even to artist, album, song title, track number from the directory names and song titles.

I think, but am not sure, it will take a file name such as 03 - Some Song Name.mp3 and make up the tag data for track number and song title from that, removing the "03 - " from the front of the title.

h

bha19

mnhnhyouh said:
One difficult to use but very powerful program is Media Monkey. If your song's filenames are all titled correctly, you can use it to write the tags from the song names. It will even to artist, album, song title, track number from the directory names and song titles.

I think, but am not sure, it will take a file name such as 03 - Some Song Name.mp3 and make up the tag data for track number and song title from that, removing the "03 - " from the front of the title.

h
I have media monkey and would try that, except that the new IPOD's have a different tag system that I have found does not work with other programs. For example, first I backed up IPOD with IPOD access (All O.K.), then I then searched for duplicates with ipod 2 ipod and removed them in ipod 2 ipod, but this caused itunes and my IPOD not to recognize the songs on my IPOD. It did say storage space was used, so I knew the songs were in there. This makes me skeptical of using non-itunes software. I reformatted IPOD and then reinstalled songs with itunes (All O.K. again).

bha19

Last edited:

alp999

I have an issue in editing the titles (and other song info) on songs which are in a different drive to my C: drive. Can you please help?