cordless headphones?

with iLink sending the signal from the ipod to the stereo receiver via radio signal (correct me if i?m wrong), what are the chances of applying the same technology to headphones?

- mrm

ibons

mrm said:
with iLink sending the signal from the ipod to the stereo receiver via radio signal (correct me if i?m wrong), what are the chances of applying the same technology to headphones?

- mrm
there're already such things, but the downside is that the good ones usually need a dedicated base station and are bulky due to a need for a battery pack.

some examples

alternatively, you could just get one of those radio-tuner headphones but i think those sound pretty dodgy

dean0

i've played around with some, and the technology is not quite there, at lease in a mobile sense. ibon is correct, if you want a good set of wireless headphones, it requires a dedicated base station, that's usually pretty bulky.

i know that there are some professional systems out there that have a very good quality, but you pay through the nose.

there are bluetooth headsets for cell phones, but i haven't tried them, and i would think that the quality is still not aas good as a wired set.

i think with the current wireless movement we are seeing in computers and technology in general, we might see something of good quality, within a consumer price range in the next couple of years, but nothing quite yet.

<grain of salt>
until then, get an itrip, and headphones with a fm radio built-in, and you're set!!!!!
</grain of salt>

gizmo53

Uber Mac User
For those sailors:

Here's is what I am doing, and what others that I know have done: Take an iTrip (iRock FM transmitter for those of you who don't want to wait for the new iTrips) and then get some Speedo Water-resistent headphones. In my Laser, I put it in a case and put that in the bag that I had installed in my inspection cover. The only bad thing is that until someone makes a wireless remote for the iPod, you can't easily skip songs. With the exceptino of that, you're ready to sail with your iPod!