Cord with remote is way too long!

bgundu

I find that the headphones with the remote attached is way too long. The ideal position for the remote should be at your chest. Are there any aftermarket earphones that have a very short cable?

Thanks,

Bob

selcouth

note it's going to be very hard to find those as they've been discontinued.. the EX71SL's are the same thing.. only better :D they replaced the previous model

dean0

the remote cord is longer because they wanted you to be able to use it while your ipod was in a back-pack or bag. it kinda makes sense, if you wanted to use it when it as close to you, why do you need the remote (i know, i know, if it's in a case you can't access it). the earphones are long because they had to also be able to be used without the remote, directly to the ipod, hence 5 feet of cord!

kamj12

dean0 said:
the remote cord is longer because they wanted you to be able to use it while your ipod was in a back-pack or bag. it kinda makes sense, if you wanted to use it when it as close to you, why do you need the remote (i know, i know, if it's in a case you can't access it). the earphones are long because they had to also be able to be used without the remote, directly to the ipod, hence 5 feet of cord!
lol....u're so right!!

iamaustin

It would be nice if they could make a removable cord for the remote. These cords are on my seinhieser headphones. You can take out the cord that plugs into the headphones and the listening source. That way you could buy and chose how long you want the cord to be.

Kenny

Super Man
What would of been nice is if Apple took some notes from the companies in the Minidisc community. They should of bundled shortcord earbuds with the remotes (and possibly included an extention cord).

casdavies

true - I use Sony Eggos which were designed for MD and the cord is only about a foot long. That said, who is going to use the included earbuds? They are truly gash. If you're going to spend so much money on an mp3 player then get a decent pair of headphones.