clip on earphone suggestions?

centech

I find in the ear earbuds uncomfortable. Does anyone have any opinions on clip on earphones (like 'regular' headphones but without the headband)? I've used a cheap sony pair in the past. Has anyone tried any of the better ones like the audio technika? Do they sound much better?

thanks!

georgegliddy

mongoos150

centech said:
I find in the ear earbuds uncomfortable. Does anyone have any opinions on clip on earphones (like 'regular' headphones but without the headband)? I've used a cheap sony pair in the past. Has anyone tried any of the better ones like the audio technika? Do they sound much better?

thanks!
I ahve some high quality clip on headphones that came with my Sony Clie, but I don't think you can buy them seperately.

mikey

I also have the clie headphones and was able to find the same style at a sony store- the only difference is that the aftermarket ones have a much longer cord. Not sure if the same style is still available in stores, there the ones with the different colored inserts you can clip in and out. They sound pretty good and I find the clip on earphone style comfortable.

mongoos150

mikey said:
I also have the clie headphones and was able to find the same style at a sony store- the only difference is that the aftermarket ones have a much longer cord. Not sure if the same style is still available in stores, there the ones with the different colored inserts you can clip in and out. They sound pretty good and I find the clip on earphone style comfortable.
Yes, the cord on my Sony Clie headphone clip-ons is about 10-12 inches; made to be used with the clie remote. Just my luck, it's perfect length!

Kenny

Super Man
For clipons, your only two choices are:

Koss KCS35's or
Koss KCS50's.

Do a search @ the HeadFi Forums for them.
I dont think any other clipons in the market at any price range come close to the sound quality of these Koss'.
Mind you that the 35's are better than the 50's, but the 50's are easier to find.

rml612

I just bought a pair of Bang & Olufson A8 earphones. They sound incredible are comfortable, but are pricey. Got them on e-bay, hard to find in the states.

v.silly

rml612 said:
I just bought a pair of Bang & Olufson A8 earphones. They sound incredible are comfortable, but are pricey. Got them on e-bay, hard to find in the states.
So now that you have had these a few days how do you like them?
I have an old pair of Koss earphones, model unknown, and I wish they were a bit more clear and detailed. Do you think the B&O A8 would be an improvement?

I have been reading about the ER-4P but not sure I would like an in-ear type of headset.

How would this B&O compare to ER-4P?
Thanks
:)

Last edited:

Kenny

Super Man
Im sorry guys... but the B&O A8's are GREAT?????

Compared to what? (I guess compared to the stock apple earbuds only).

When I tried them, the highs rolled off too much, there wasnt any bass, and clarity just wasnt there... and all this for earbuds that cost $100?
Plus practically every audiophile review I've read about these buds are negative.

I will admit though, -at least they look expensive:eek: .

centech

I ended up going with the Sony EX71SL's. Just arrived from audiocubes tonight. Haven't done any serious listening yet, but tryed them out to see how they feel and they are MUCH more comfortable to me than traditional earbuds like the ones that come with iPod or the Sony 888s. Earbuds are always either too big and hurt my ears or are too small and fall out. These are a perfect fit using the medium earpieces. The fact that they are adjustable is great. I'll give a serious test tomorrow on the way to work and see how they block out subway noise.

columbo

I see stupid people
Kenny said:
Im sorry guys... but the B&O A8's are GREAT?????

Compared to what? (I guess compared to the stock apple earbuds only).

When I tried them, the highs rolled off too much, there wasnt any bass, and clarity just wasnt there... and all this for earbuds that cost $100?
Plus practically every audiophile review I've read about these buds are negative.

I will admit though, -at least they look expensive:eek: .

Awww... You had to go and burst their bubble :p

mongoos150

columbo said:
Awww... You had to go and burst their bubble :p
Well I think the people who were saying the B&O were great were people who had never actually used them, but were judging from their price tag!

rml612

Well, I never tried an Ipod before I bought it, just heard how great it was and yes it was expensive too. Guess what, it was worth the money.

I've had the B&O for about a week, and they sound pretty incredible to me and are very comfortable and stay in my ear, which more than I can say for the ones that come with the Ipod.

Old saying, to each his own!:cool:

Kenny

Super Man
well, I suppose that if youve never tried anything else, you would have to say the A8's are good.

And I guess the old saying 'to each his own' might fit in this scenario, but this is pretty extreme. The A8's are just that bad.

Kenny

Super Man
mongoos150 said:
Well I think the people who were saying the B&O were great were people who had never actually used them, but were judging from their price tag!
Completely agree with you on this one.

Unfortunately when it comes to sound quality for headphones, the price doesnt always indicate how good they really are (or bad for that matter).