Auto add to Itunes folder not working

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

pursuant

I am on a PC, Win10 and just changed over from a win7 pc. My" Automatically add to Itunes" folder which I found very handy worked perfectly. I add mp3 files, in the new Win10 PC , that are old podcasts , they show up as music files and I then change to Podcast. I have been moving files into this folder and they seem to vanish but they dont seem to be added to Itunes 12.7.
Any idea?
Thanks

cjmnews

Staff member
It is not iTunes 12.7.1.14 that has the issue, as it is working on Windows 7. I just added a track via that folder.

You may need to verify the path, as the Automatically add to iTunes folder should be in your iTunes\iTunes Media or iTunes\iTunes Music folder.

Looking at other posts around the web it seems that there are occasional glitches with it but in general it is still working.

One person posted that they clicked the Reset button next to the iTunes Media Folder location to resolve it. You'll probably want to verify that box has the correct path as well.

pursuant

Thanks for the help

this is the path C:\Users\pursu\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media
so you are saying it should be in C:\Users\pursu\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\music folder?
Can I just drag it into that folder?
Also you mentioned "One person posted that they clicked the Reset button next to the iTunes Media folder", Im not sure what this means ? reset button?

Thanks

cjmnews

Staff member
No that is not the correct path. I was documenting for the newer iTunes libraries that use ...\iTunes\iTunes Media\ as well as the older iTunes libraries that use ...\iTunes\iTunes Music\

Yours would be C:\Users\pursu\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Automatically Add To iTunes

The button is in Edit->Preferences, Advanced. The top box is where your iTunes Library path should be. To the right is the reset button.