anyone bought the refurb 8gb red nanos?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

gneneres

i just ordered the refurb 8gb red nano from apple's website...
ordered yesterday and it says been shipped out today! :D

just wondering if anyone bought one of these lately?
do they come in the original retail packaging or some cardboard box??
and also, do they really change the entire case?
kinda worried that there'll be scratches on the case...if there are, can i make a complain and request for an exchange???
also, do they come with the new earphones or the old ones?? how can i tell the diff???

BlackHawk47

Not sure if you can complain for a scratched up iPod, due to the fact you DID purchase it refurbished! But nonetheless, I give a 99% guarantee it will be just fine. Good luck, and tell us if it was worth buying it refurbished or not!

goldcoaster

Message me for Audiobook
Website
goldcoaster.wordpress.com
The site says there may be some scratches, although all the people I know that have received a refurb has never had scratches - they look brand new.

gneneres

i received my ipod today!
it took about 6 days to get here (vancouver)
i'm really happy!!! cos everything looks totally brand new, no scratches
new type of earphones provided too
the only difference was that it didn't come in the retail box, but i guess it was worth paying CAD$50 lesser for!

StephenMacB

I have only ever bought refurbishded iPods. My first was the 1st Gen Shuffle. Then recently two 5th Gen iPods.
They've all been packaged in plain, Apple certified, cardboard boxes. Along with the installation discs, stickers and instruction manuals are the older style ear-buds. Knock-on-wood, absolutely no problems at all with any of them. All are packaged as if new. Plastic sticky wrap and all. No scratches anywhere.
I will buy from the refurb section of Apple's website again. Maybe a new Macbook?
Stephen

Chrystopher

I have bought 2 refurbished 5G with video. I ordered them as Christmas presents to match my own. They arrived in plain brown boxes, but they contained what appeared to be completely brand new iPods with complete accessory packs. The buds (in November 2006) were the original. Sigh. I will definitely buy refurbished again. I would be hard-pressed to spend full retail, and would only do it if the model I needed was not available.

bryking

Website
www.bryking.com
i purchased a used nano about eight months ago so i could use the nike + ipod. as everyone else has mentioned, it came in a plain brown box with all the usual accessories. it looks brand new and i haven't had any problems with it. when my second gen ipod bites the dust and (if) i replace it, i'll definitely go the refurb route again.

rickhuizinga

I bought a refurbished 4G 40GB B&W iPod recently from the Apple store for only $129!

It arrived in a brown cardboard box, but the unit appeared as though it was brand new. I'm encouraged by this to purchase from the refurbished section of the Apple store again.

onlycodered

Formerly JSchwage
Website
www.grupenet.com
I just bought a refurbished 30GB iPod Photo a few months ago and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Before this iPod I had bought a brand new iPod nano. I kind of wish I had known about the refurbished iPods when I got my nano. It's odd though that my refurbished iPod Photo came with the new style iPod earphones while my dad's refurbished video iPod (which he ordered at the same time I did) came with the old style ones.

dgneth01

I bought the 20GB 4G just before Christmas (my first iPod - I only wanted it for music - not really interested in video and stuff). The unit was in the plain brown box, but everything inside (USB cable, firewire cable, AC adaptor, earphones, documents and software) including the unit looked like brand new. I paid AU$234 for the whole lot. It also came packaged with a brand new dock, as a bonus extra.

Less than a week after mine arrived I noticed that the units dropped in price significantly to around AU$150. I called up Apple and explained the situation and within two days had given me a refund for the difference.

As for the iPod - works great, I love it - I would definitely buy through the refurb store again. Another advantage I have discovered to having an older unit is that accessories are often a lot cheaper as they are usually clearance items in larger stores (picked up an in-line remote and voice recording attachment for AU$7 each)

gneneres

good to hear everybody's pleasant refurb experience!
i've had the ipod for 2 days now, fully loaded with my songs, and i've been more than satisfied so far!

StephenMacB said:
I will buy from the refurb section of Apple's website again. Maybe a new Macbook?
Stephen
i would really consider buying a refurb macbook too, it's so much cheaper and i would rather spend the money buying extra ram :D

infmom

Website
infmom.net
I just bought a refurbished 1 gig nano (my very first iPod) and you couldn't tell it from brand new.

I immediately went and bought a silicone skin case for it so it'd keep that nice scratch free black exterior. :)

mjmoonwalker

Website
eminemjamesuk.com
gneneres said:
i just ordered the refurb 8gb red nano from apple's website...
ordered yesterday and it says been shipped out today! :D

just wondering if anyone bought one of these lately?
do they come in the original retail packaging or some cardboard box??
and also, do they really change the entire case?
kinda worried that there'll be scratches on the case...if there are, can i make a complain and request for an exchange???
also, do they come with the new earphones or the old ones?? how can i tell the diff???
The only time I have ever received a refurbished iPod was when my old one broke and I had to get a replacement. From my experience, I could hardly tell if it was refurbished or if it was new. No scratches whatsoever, no battery difference, absolutely no flaws. I'd assume they'd come with everything the "new" ones have, save for the packaging.

airin7

I'm totally stoked on refurbs! I've bought three refurbished ipods so far: a gum pack style shuffle for myself and two nanos, a white and a black, one for my best friend and the other for my bro. All have been as if new. I'm really impressed with the refurb idea and am just waiting for an excuse to buy from the apple refurb shelf again.

nore15

just waiting for my 30gb video refurb to comethrough, hopefully it will be all good. Had a 4th gen ipod before and now i put it on ebay.........

pjw7790

i bought a refurb iPod in October of 2006. after a while, it had a really weird problem where it thought it was plugged into the charger all the time. so i brought it back and they gave me a new one. everything was/is fine about it except that.

muggsy

I just ordered an 80GB refurb iPod to replace the 60GB iPod photo I sold on ebay. I have no worries about buying a refurb -- my wife had an original iPod mini that went bad during the warranty period, and they replaced it with a refurb unit that's been going strong for over two years. Same warranty on a refurb, and any manufacturer selling refurbs of their own product has a vested interest in making sure the refurbs meet every quality control standard for new units.