Any good FM transmitters out there?

TheSunTheSea

I'm feelin supersonic
I just got a brand new car today. It comes with a 6-CD changer, but the problem is I have no way of using my iPod anymore. I used to use a tape adapter in my old car, but I can't do that now.

iRock had this FM transmitter I used for 2 days, but I dumped it b/c it was worthless. The reception was absolutely horrible. Are there any great FM transmitters out there that ppl have had a great experience with? Cheers!

mongoos150

dlabrosse said:
There are also companies out there that make CD changer to aux input adapter cables, so that you can unplug your changer and plug in your iPod. Who needs a 6-CD changer when you could have 600 CD's at your disposal?:)

http://www.rcainput.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RCAI&Category_Code=FCS

This is only one source. If you do some googleing you'll find more.

Good Luck.
The only problem is if it's an internal (in-dash) 6 disc cd changer it won't work.

TheSunTheSea

I'm feelin supersonic
mongoos150 said:
The only problem is if it's an internal (in-dash) 6 disc cd changer it won't work.
Exactly. I have an in-dash 6-CD changer and there's no way I can put an Aux input into my car stereo. I think my best option is iTrip. According to a lot of people, it's the best FM transmitter out there.

bdrules

does the itrip sound good? i don't know too much about these fm transmitters, but does it sound the same as if you were to plug a line out into speakers, or does it "dumb" it down to fm quality? in other words, does it sound the same as listening to an fm radio station or is it close to cd quality? and does anyone know when a new itrip will come out that works on the new ipods?

brian

caterinka

I haven't yet heard an FM transmitter that sounded CD quality. I've used a couple of them, and they're OK.

While swapping your car stereo for one with an aux input is pretty expensive, it's certainly your best bet for really good sound.