iPod Touch Upgraded to 32 GB!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

TUD

Woo Hoo! 32GB iPod Touch @ Apple Store.com

$499.00

BTW, iPhone also upgraded to 16GB.

thismirage

I wonder if my best buy two year warranty allows upgrades. If it does I think i'll do it when BB starts selling it.

TurtleBomb

the only way the bb warranty allows upgrades, is if the store is out of stock of your current model. If they are out of stock they will give you a comparable product, of the some cost, in the case of the iPod touch where there is no other comperable product, they will tell you to call the BB prp,psp 1800 number and they will just send ya a check. A comparable product can consist of a different model with no less features, or a newer generation of the same model.

MetroidSlayer

Aww jeez, I should have waited 2 more weeks before buying my touch. I feel like I got cheated on by Apple :(
Its selling for the original price of the 16GB.

daihard

Wow, so much for all our speculation that 32GB SSD will not be available for a long time.

I could return my 16GB touch to Costco and buy a 32GB, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $100. I am currently only half full now.

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
MetroidSlayer said:
Aww jeez, I should have waited 2 more weeks before buying my touch. I feel like I got cheated on by Apple :(
Its selling for the original price of the 16GB.

No it's not, 16GB sold for $399, they are selling the 32 for $499

MetroidSlayer

Oh my bad. Well that made me feel a little better :)
Well, aside from the memory increase are there any other differences on the 32 gb model? Battery life, display, software etc?

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
Dougfnj said:
No it's not, 16GB sold for $399, they are selling the 32 for $499
Now taking bets: How long 'till Apple shifts the price points down, and maybe drops the 8GB Touch alltogether? I guess April 1st for all us fools ;)

Dyvim

Geek
I'd say price shift / drops won't happen until either (a) 3G iPhone is released, or (b) September iPod refresh happens. Note that a & b might be the same date.

sgb1975

rockmyplimsoul said:
Now taking bets: How long 'till Apple shifts the price points down, and maybe drops the 8GB Touch alltogether? I guess April 1st for all us fools ;)
We're only fools if we didn't see this day coming. Yes, maybe not so soon, but every product that involves some kind of storage capacity naturally will have larger models become available. For everyone else, just be happy with your purchase and move on. I bought my 16Gb Touch last November and have no plans to upgrade probably for another 2+ years.

daihard

Dyvim said:
I'd say price shift / drops won't happen until either (a) 3G iPhone is released, or (b) September iPod refresh happens. Note that a & b might be the same date.
That'd be my take, too. Now, for the 3G iPhone to be useful, AT&T must have the adequate infrastructure to accommodate the 3G bandwidth, correct?

DerekVOF

Altered? Unless you're Steve Jobs, no one really knows. Everything is just idle speculation. If you want it, get it. Otherwise, there will always be a newer, faster, bigger, better product coming sometime in the future...

checkmeoutgurl

anyone who didnt see this coming is loco.

First of all, in the 16GB model they use two 8GB flashes. And i am pretty sure with the 32gb, they use two 16GB. so we knew it wasnt far off. yes, if they had a stand alone 32gb card in it, we wouldnt be seeing the 32gb for a while, but since they use two 16gb, its ok, cause they dont have to jack up to price to $999.

second of all, apple release little updates to the current ipods every 4-6 months. they did it with the regular ipods. and the touches been out about 5 months. so it makes sense.

So heres what i think will happen. they will drop the 8gb model, and have only two models...the 16gb and 32gb. they will be 299/399 respectfully. This will happen probably by end of spring. And at the tail end of the summer, maybe August or so, they will release the 2G Ipod touch.

daihard

checkmeoutgurl said:
First of all, in the 16GB model they use two 8GB flashes. And i am pretty sure with the 32gb, they use two 16GB. so we knew it wasnt far off. yes, if they had a stand alone 32gb card in it, we wouldnt be seeing the 32gb for a while, but since they use two 16gb, its ok, cause they dont have to jack up to price to $999.
Mind sharing the source? Not that I don't believe you. I'd like to read the information myself.

[EDIT] I found some info on the 'Net saying the same thing. It still means Apple had to come up with 16GB SSD which they had not used before. :)

Last edited:

Scarpad

I agree Apple could'nt have come out with the 16gb and 32 gb touch's at the same price point immediately there would be huge backlash, they'll wait a few month and drop the price point.

16gb is enough for me I could only Justify the original $399 price because I had gift cards that brought it down to $200 bucks. I definately would not spend $500 on one. I'm a bit dissapointed in the screen, it's not as vibrant and lacks the contrast the first Iphone had, so Unless they radically upgraded the screen, I would not update.

Last edited:

Touchmyipod

Livin' & Lovin' in SoCal
Website
www.epk.tv
Good and bad, good because of more space. And bad because I love my 16gb, butI want the 32gb....no biggie though, but nice memory upgrade, that iPhone looks more tempting now, it would be nice if they can add 3G already....but16gb is tempting, and could rid me of my touch....

kornchild2002

I am really disappointed with Apple here as this is not the way they normally run their iPods. They usually come out with a whole new generation (or an update to an older generation) iPod once every year and they announced the iPod touch back in September 5 months ago then they come out with a 32GB unit. What the hell? If I would have known this I would have either waited for the 32GB unit or just purchased a iPod classic and not worry about it.

Apple is just taking a different approach here. If I would have known that they were going to update it once every half year then I probably would have never purchased a iPod touch. That was one of the things I liked about Apple when it came to their iPods, they didn't update them once every 5 months but instead waited nearly a fully year before releasing an updated model. I guess they are taking a different approach to the iPod touch. Still, it sucks.

16GB is enough for me right now but 32GB would have been more than enough. What next, are they going to announce a 64GB unit in another 5-6 months?