The Nanoroll...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jamontoast

i absolutely LOVE that.

i also like your other case idea. even if the nano already had a thousand cases out, I just love the originality and neat factor in yours.

i really would try and get your ideas to a company.

GadgetGuru72

mcdj-

That looks amazing! You've posted some pretty amazing concepts. You're clearly a talented person. Have you approached any companies to get these products made?

mcdj

Sporting trousers.
Website
www.rknydesign.com
GadgetGuru72 said:
mcdj-

That looks amazing! You've posted some pretty amazing concepts. You're clearly a talented person. Have you approached any companies to get these products made?
Thanks GG, and everyone else,

I have not approached any companies. I may at some point, but I'm woefully unskilled at 3D, which in my past experience is key to getting paid to design stuff by the big boys.

A few years ago, I used to post similar Chops to a website devoted to wristwatch collectors. Eventually I was approached by Microsoft and asked to do some concept designs for the SPOT watches. The gig lasted nearly 3 years. I'm sort of hoping the same will happen with my pod ideas, but I'm not holding my breath. Actually I was up for a full time job at MS in Feb., but they passed once they found out I don't know 3D or Flash.

Lately I've been doing freelance work for MTV for their partnership with Motorola, creating skins and icons for cellphones in the international market...I much prefer 2D stuff like this. I also have a small stable of commerical photographers here in NYC that I do retouching for.

All that said, if anyone is interested in any of my concepts, I'm all ears!

-mcdj

Aristotle

come fly with me...
Website
www.jacobjob.com
lol, that is just so awesome looking...

it reminds me of the rolltop compartments used to store bread in a kitchen that they disply in Menards and Home Depots.

yinyang

Retired
mcdj said:

All that said, if anyone is interested in any of my concepts, I'm all ears!

-mcdj
love your work :)

you should at least put together a site for your work, so that people can link to it and just spread the word around, like this guy...

Isamu Sanada

btw there's a guy called Mike Matas that designed a bit of software called Delicious Library, that so impressed Apple, that they hired him...

http://www.mikematas.com/2005/07/moving-to-apple.html

Last edited:
Putting together your own website for your designs is a good idea. Who knows what good will come out of it. Your very talented and I would love to see that case on the market for the nano.