Autobiography of a Schnook - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Autobiography of a Schnook

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-12-2019, 01:42 PM

Junior Lounger

Location: Starts with a C, ends with an O, and in the middle is "hicag"
Autobiography of a Schnook

Wow, I realized I haven't posted on iLounge in years....but hey...

Just wanted to give a cheap, shameless plug to my new podcast. It's a podcast about...well, me.

Why should you care? I...honestly don't know. I'm nobody special - I'm not a celebrity, politician, first responder, veteran, author, rock star, or even one of those people who's famous just for being famous (in fact, I'm not famous at all) -- I'm just a schnook!

It hit me years ago that when you're at a book store or library, the biography sections are full of, well...famous and important people. Well, I get tired of that. I want to know about the average schnook! I thought that maybe I should publish my autobiography and call it Autobiography of a Schnook. Problem: anytime I sat down to write a book, I never actually came close to finishing it...not even finishing one chapter. (Hmm, now that I think of it, I AM a published author...but it was a book on garden ponds that had a small run, and quite truthfully, I know nothing about making a garden pond -- my boss offered me a thousand bucks and literally dropped about a dozen books on my desk and asked me to write a 60-page manuscript and use those books for research.)

However...I am an experienced podcaster, having done over 100 episodes of different podcasts...so why not take my idea of a book about an average nobody and make it a podcast?

Anyway, if you're curious, check it out -- not even kidding, I've gotten some pretty flattering praise from people...which shocked the hell out of me. I guess we schnooks are interesting after all??

The URL is schnookpodcast.com. The podcast is available on all the major podcast providers I can think of - Stitcher, iTunes/Apple Podcasts, Google Play, etc. - and if you enjoy it, leave a review and tell people!

Advertising, even podcasts, in signatures is not allowed

Topic: Autobiography of a Schnook

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.