Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How do you delete old podcast episodes??

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-20-2006, 11:57 AM

Senior Lounger

How do you delete old podcast episodes??

does anyone know how to do this? i've got 3 episodes of the major nelson podcast in itunes and on my ipod - they only show as the one podcast though on itunes.

how do you remove certain episodes??

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:12 PM

I'm going to assume you're using iTunes 7, although the instructions are similar for iTunes 6...

You basically need to go to the "Podcasts" section in the source tree, and you should see the podcast listed there. If you click the little triangle that appears next to it, it should expand and show you the individual podcast episodes. From there, you can selectively delete any one of them.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:40 PM

Senior Lounger

that's it mate. thanks a lot for that.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:42 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggedd2k
does anyone know how to do this? i've got 3 episodes of the major nelson podcast in itunes and on my ipod - they only show as the one podcast though on itunes.

how do you remove certain episodes??
I have an iPod Classic and there's no little triangle to click in order to delete the podcasts. How do I delete podcasts from an iPod Classic?
Old 11-01-2008, 10:08 AM

Power Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethcltr
I have an iPod Classic and there's no little triangle to click in order to delete the podcasts. How do I delete podcasts from an iPod Classic?
The little triangle is in iTunes not on the any iPod. Delete the podcasts from iTunes and they'll go from the iPod when you sync.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:09 PM

Freshman Lounger

Deleting Old Podcasts from Classic Ipod

None of the above responses answer the question, "How do you delete old podcasts from a classic Ipod?" In my case, the podcasts no longer appear in ITunes. SO, how do I delete a podcast from the classic Ipod?

Tim9
Old 11-01-2011, 12:04 PM

Freshman Lounger

I'm having the same problem with my iPod Touch. There are only 2 recent episodes of my podcast on iTunes, but when I sync, the 44 episodes that are on my iPod, which have already been played, sync to iTunes. I can't get the old episodes to delete and now I can't download any new episodes.

Last edited by Beth B; 11-01-2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-22-2011, 02:09 AM

Freshman Lounger

Delete Old Podcasts From Ipod

For me, I connected my iPod and in iTunes 10, under the device list select Your ipod and go to the podcast tab, then uncheck "sync podcasts" at the top of the window, then click apply.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:29 AM

Freshman Lounger

Have a solution

I had the same problem and was doing some of my own trials and found that by going to "Downloads" and swiping my finger across the unwanted podcast a red tab with the word "Delete" came up , do I pressed that and behold the podcast was removed

Topic: How do you delete old podcast episodes??

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.