Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: This is driving me nuts.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-07-2013, 12:52 AM

Junior Lounger

This is driving me nuts.

can someone try to help me. I have downloaded a CD from collection into my iTunes. When I transfer it to the iPod it doesn't show on my artist list. I have to search it manually by album tittle. Then I can see it. I renamed the album so it can be in order with the other albums from the same band. Well it does come out but the album is tittles "UNKNOWN". I have tried renaming it and no luck. What can be the issue. I have a few albums like that. I need to manually search them and it's a bit hard when I'm driving. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:33 AM

Junior Lounger

When you import the album do you let it connect to the Internet and get the track names? Check your preferences in iTunes. Otherwise you can select all the ones you want to rename, the right click "get info".

Last edited by Urban Cool; 02-07-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesar357 View Post
I renamed the album so it can be in order with the other albums from the same band. Well it does come out but the album is tittles "UNKNOWN". I have tried renaming it and no luck.
Are you doing all this tag editing from within iTunes? (i.e. "Get Info") If you're making these changes outside of iTunes that may be the problem.

Also, if these are mp3 format what ID3 tag version are they? ID3 v2.3 is the most reliable and v2.4 is buggy (you can check in the tag summary in Get Info).
Old 02-07-2013, 09:35 PM

Freshman Lounger

I have had an issue with downloading certain Greatest Hits CD's. For some reason,it will group a number of greatest hits Cd's from different artists under one album. When you search for an artist it doesn't show up because all of the songs have been placed under another artist.

I have tried re downloading to no avail. My only solution was to change the CD title to read Greatest Hit or Greatest Hi instead of Greatest Hits........ very strange but at least it worked.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:55 AM

Power Lounger

Well, if you are titling the CDs simply "Greatest Hits", when you select the "Greatest Hits" album, it has no choice but to display all songs that have "Greatest Hits" in the Album tag.

You need to change the album name (preferably prior to importing) to something like: "Duane Allman's Greatest Hits" or "Prince's Greatest Hits", etc. so that iTunes can tell the difference.

Win7/26392 songs/2516 Artists/2520 Albums -- 160Gb Classic/2G ATV
What's so great about the Barrier Reef? What's so fine about Art?
What's so good about a Good Times Van? When you're workin' on a broken. working on a broken,
Workin' on a broken man

Topic: This is driving me nuts.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.