Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: moving music from iPhone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-16-2012, 11:59 AM

Junior Lounger

moving music from iPhone

I am wanting to transfer my music from my iPhone, as I am selling this one. ( 3GS ) and have moved to a 5. I have had songs on my phone for more than 3 years. Now, I am wanting to transfer them to my work computer.

How do I go about doing this? I can't find anyway ( for free ) to transfer my songs off of my iPhone.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:30 PM

Veteran Lounger

Read Copying Content from your iPod to your Computer - The Definitive Guide. It is dated but the principles are all the same. iOS devices will require third party software. Most will charge a fee, you may find some free software but you'll have to search.

If it is all iTunes purchases most areas around the world will allow you to download iTunes purchases again. Personally you can't beat a local iTunes Media library for backing up, managing content and setting up new devices. Mine is also backed up on 2 other external drives. If you rely on keeping only 1 copy of your media files you will eventually lose it.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac

Topic: moving music from iPhone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.