Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How Do I Keep All My Albums On My iPod Together?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-11-2008, 02:43 PM

Freshman Lounger

How Do I Keep All My Albums On My iPod Together?

Hi All,

I'm new here and to all this, so I am very sorry if this appears in the wrong place.
Please do forgive me.

Right now down to business!

I have a 80g iPod Classic and would love to know just how on earth I can get all my albums to appears together under the same artist in my Cover Flow.

I have many albums by Madonna on my iPod some appear together then as I get towards the back of the Cover Flow way past my Madonna albums I'm finding 1 or 2 albums at the back which should be at the front with all the other Madonna albums.

This has happend with some other artist I have on my iPod also.

I've tired re-entering the Album Artist & Artist under the Get Info on iTunes, but still my albums aren't appearing all together.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks!

Yours
John

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:03 PM

bdb
On the B side of life

You should ask in the iPod Classic forum. Not all of us have cover flow.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:21 PM

Make sure the artist and album artist fields have the same information. You can highlight an entire album in iTunes by going down to it, left-clicking on the first song, hold the shift key, and then left-click on the last song. Then just right-click on any of the highlighted tracks and left-click on Get Info. Make sure that Artist and Album Artist are the same. Also make sure that Compilation (at the bottom left of the Get Info window) is set to No.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 07-12-2008, 07:43 AM

Freshman Lounger

Hi,

Many thanks! that did the trick and now all my albums are together :-)
I totally forgot to check the Compilation at the bottom left of the Get Info window :-0 stupid me!

THANKS!

John
Old 07-12-2008, 07:44 AM

Freshman Lounger

Hi,

As I said I'm new here and I am sorry if it's posted in the wrong place. If you look I have posted it in there also.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:56 AM

You are new here. Technically, your post could have gone in this section or the iPod Classic/Video section, it doesn't really matter. However, the last thing that you want to do is cross-post. That is when you make the exact same post (or post with the same topic and nearly the same text) in more than one section. So stick with your original post location. If it is in the wrong place, the mods/admins will happily move it to the right location for you.

As for the compilation setting, that happens all the time. Back when I used to rip my audio CDs with iTunes, I noticed that it would sometimes label albums as being compilations even though they weren't. It did this with Disturbed's "The Sickness" album as well as Korn's "Untouchables" album. It would always tick me off that an album from one artist/band would come up as a compilation. I guess that is what you get when you rely on a service that relies on other people to enter the song information. There is bound to be some jackass who doesn't enter the information right.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)

Topic: How Do I Keep All My Albums On My iPod Together?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.