Eminem's new song "Fack" -- one of the worst songs ever recorded - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Eminem's new song "Fack" -- one of the worst songs ever recorded

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 12-05-2005, 04:55 PM

Thumbs down Eminem's new song "Fack" -- one of the worst songs ever recorded

Has anyone heard the track "Fack" off the Curtain Call album?

I own all of Em's CDs and used the refer to him as the most lyrically advanced emcee in the business. At one time, Em could shove more story into one 4-minute song than most other emcee's put into an entire album. Em was a true storyteller.

With Encore, the guy started to go downhill, and now, with "Fack," I think Em just landed at the bottom of that hill.

Perhaps, just perhaps, 12 year boys might get a giggle out of the lyrics of "Fack," but to anyone else this has got to be one of the stupidest songs ever recorded.

Sorry Em, but I won't be buying Curtain Call, and if you ever decide to come out of retirement, I doubt I'll buy anything else you ever produce. I'll just sit back with my Marshall Mathers LP and remember the times when you were actually good.

| iPod Classic (6g) 160gb | Belkin Brushed Metal Case | Etymotic ER-6i | Incase Dual Charger + Travel Case |

| iPhone 3g 16GB |
Old 12-05-2005, 05:00 PM

transmissions94

Eh I dislike seeing him make stupid songs and lose all of the respect people who appreciate good hip hop previously had for him.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:36 PM

Brushed Steel Guy

Re: Eminem's new song "Fack" -- one of the worst songs ever recorded

Quote:
Originally posted by GadgetGuru72
Sorry Em, but I won't be buying Curtain Call, and if you ever decide to come out of retirement, I doubt I'll buy anything else you ever produce. I'll just sit back with my Marshall Mathers LP and remember the times when you were actually good.
Way ahead of you

From where I see it it's either retirement or a killer album in a couple of years. Either way.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:13 PM

Veteran Lounger

I couldn't stand Shady when he first came out. It took some time to get used to his style and finally I began to enjoy his music. This new song is not all that impressive, certainly is not growing on me like his other material. He may as well stayed retired.

Click the image to open in full size.
What do I know about music? | there is always an objective | Flickr | ebay selling my record collection in the next few weeks, keep watch!!
Old 12-05-2005, 07:37 PM

Power Lounger

so is Curtain Call a poor album in general? i was looking forward to it. i was hoping it would be a return to his Marshal Mathers LP days. sounds doubtful...which kind of sucks.

Old 12-05-2005, 08:13 PM

Junior Lounger

I haven't heard the song, but there's no way it's worse than "My Humps!" No "fack"ing way!

"All the money you make will never buy back your soul."
-Bob Dylan-
Old 12-05-2005, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by d-bear
so is Curtain Call a poor album in general? i was looking forward to it. i was hoping it would be a return to his Marshal Mathers LP days. sounds doubtful...which kind of sucks.
It's a greatest hits album, plus 3 new songs. So, whether or not its a "poor album in general" depends on whether you liked his "hits" from the prior albums. The 3 new songs are:

(1) Fack
(2) When I'm Gone
(3) Shake That (feat. Nate Dogg)

When I'm Gone and Shake That aren't "bad" songs, but they're certainly not "good" songs either. Nate Dogg does his typical thing and adds that "Nate Dogg-ness" to it, but Em just isn't compelling anymore.

If you already own The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show, you've got all the good stuff already.

| iPod Classic (6g) 160gb | Belkin Brushed Metal Case | Etymotic ER-6i | Incase Dual Charger + Travel Case |

| iPhone 3g 16GB |
Old 12-05-2005, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by atom_young
I haven't heard the song, but there's no way it's worse than "My Humps!" No "fack"ing way!
Like you said, you haven't heard "Fack" yet. When you do, you'll agree with me. Trust me, it is actually worse than My Humps ... a lot worse.

| iPhone 3g 16GB |
Old 12-05-2005, 09:45 PM

Pro Lounger

Quote:

If you already own The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show, you've got all the good stuff already. [/B]
dont forget E and ####ing Crazy, those were pretty good imo. But he definitly peaked at Marshal Mathers LP thats the only eminem album i listin to compleatly without skipping a track.

Music - 1366 songs - 3.4days - 6.73gig
Videos - 1Movie - 10Clips - 2.3hrs - 879.3mb
Totals - 1381items - 3.6days - 7.74gig

This software will backup your ipod to your comp and even rebuild playlists.
Podutil
Old 12-06-2005, 03:52 PM

Power Lounger

Quote:
Like you said, you haven't heard "Fack" yet. When you do, you'll agree with me. Trust me, it is actually worse than My Humps ... a lot worse.
damn...that's embarassing.

Old 12-19-2005, 03:15 PM

Intelligentleman

Looks like Pitchfork agrees with you:

Quote:
Eminem: "FACK"
For those that think this list is pussing out by not assigning a specific rank to each track, I'll give this the #1. Holy god. That there was a worse track than "My Humps" this year is the kind of thing that gets saved for history books. I actually had to pause it in the middle to get my bearings. Unfortunately, nothing I could possibly say about "FACK" would drive home my point like a lyric sample. Are you ready? Are you sure? Okay, careful now: "Ow I'm so ####in' hot/ And you're so ####in' hot/ Oh my god/ I wanna fackin' fack/ No, not ####, I said fack/ F-a-c-k, f-a-c-k, fack, fack fack fackin' freak me!/ Ohh yeah, girl, see baby, they call me Mr. Freaky/ Let's call your sister, 3-way have some 3-some me so horny!/ And you're such a ####in' babe I wanna go down on you, ####, you shave!/ Ohh goddamn, here I go again!/ I'm gonna come, I am!" And finally, the chorus: "Owwww owwww owwwww (oh goddamn!)/ I'm gonna ####in' come! (Oh ####!)/ ##### #### ####### (####, I am!)/ I am, I'm going to come (I'm coming!)." Soooo...yeah.
The 15 Worst Releases of 2005 (According to Pitchfork)

-Dan
Old 12-19-2005, 09:30 PM

mrdantownsend

Quote:
Originally posted by atom_young
yes, nothing is worse than that song.

Probably not even this song
Old 12-19-2005, 10:14 PM

Senior Lounger

Truly a gifted emcee. Who like all the other superstars get accustomed to the flash,flair and money churn out nothing but commercial singles just to earn a buck. hip hop is dead.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:19 PM

Hip hop isn't dead......Its just drowning in gold & diamonds.

Old 12-20-2005, 12:49 PM

Senior Lounger

Encore was an embarassment. The D12 World album was garbage too. The old one (Devil's Night) was where it's at! Most of the songs on D12W were Eminem-esque. It's like he took over the group and wrote all the music. I wish he'd stop making such juvenile songs and get serious again. I mean, is he PURPOSELY trying to end his career by going down in flames?!

Topic: Eminem's new song "Fack" -- one of the worst songs ever recorded

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.