Thinking of Switching from Dell DJ to iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

zoepup

I've been a Dell DJ owner for about a year. I was very disappointed inthe MusicMatch software that came from Dell and was ued to sync the library with the DJ. I quicklly bought Dudebox (Dell DJ version of Anapd) from Redchairsoftware. It solved all my issues. The major ones being the ability to sync only what I want, when I want and the ability to take already created WMP playlists and push them and the associated songs into the DJ with no effort.
I see some of you use Anapod. Is iTunes that limited? Why do you use Anapod? Is there another good program I should be considering to help with my syncing?

Thanks for all the great info on this sight. Hopefully I will make the plunge and get the iPod. I just want to know what I am getting into first.

Thanks!

Z

BTW.. After the latest crash of the DJ, I ahve found redchairs support to be totally lacking. Days go by before they even answer emails to send out new codes to re-activate dudebox. Dell was stand up and sent a refurbed unit next day. Redchair was caught napping inthe chair. So I have no allegience to them.

Last edited:

bdb

On the B side of life
Is the Redchair support the only reason you want to change?

I had an opportunity to buy a new DJ for about $160, and never really felt like I got my money's worth with the iPod. There are lots of features that the iPod is lacking. I'd be interested to hear why someone with a 1-year-old DJ would want to spend all that money to have an iPod.

Oh, and BTW, iTunes works fine for me. I don't do much with it other than transfer music to the iPod.

ham_man

iTunes works flawlessly. Easily the best program I've ever used. As for the buying an iPod thing, it is your money, but I'd buy one. :)

zoepup

bdb said:
Is the Redchair support the only reason you want to change?

I had an opportunity to buy a new DJ for about $160, and never really felt like I got my money's worth with the iPod. There are lots of features that the iPod is lacking. I'd be interested to hear why someone with a 1-year-old DJ would want to spend all that money to have an iPod.

Oh, and BTW, iTunes works fine for me. I don't do much with it other than transfer music to the iPod.
WOW.. thanks for the replies everyone. Being new, I did not know what to expect.

Redchair is not the reason I would be switching. For me, the Dell is worthless without redchair software. IT just has to do with how I build my playlists and how fast I expect to be able to add them to the DJ. I am frustrated with redchair's support and was wondering if anapod was raelly needed or did itunes do a sufficient job. Once again, I like to creat my playlist in WMP and then transfer them to the DJ.

Since you seemed to make the opposite move that I am contemplating, please let me know how you liked switching from the iPod to the DJ. One issue I have with the DJ is skipping of songs in a playlist while playing. It takes forever to skpi a song or two. I use it for teaching indoor cycling classes and sometimes need to skip ahead or back a few songs.

thanks

Z

zoepup

Re: Re: Thinking of Switching from Dell DJ to iPod

cpn.luckycharms said:
Thinking of making the BEST decision ever! I highly believe you will not be disapointed.

~Take Luck
Yep.. I was reading yesterday how all these car manufactures are showing how they play to connect and integrate iPods into their cars. I doubt many will be doing that for DJs.

Z

ukalum

Switch from DJ, keep song

I'm thinking of switching to an iPod and want to get advice on transfering all my music from the DJ. It seems in MusicMatch you're unable to take music off the DJ and put it back on your computer. I don't have all my music on my computer (some is just on the DJ). Please give me any advice you may have.