ppctunes not a legitimate program

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

digital843

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. I want to warn everyone aboujt a scam known as "ppctunes" which supposedly transfers your iTunes files to a Pocket PC.
I paid the 9.95 and tried to download the program.

1. Everything went well until the last step but when I clicked for the final screen and nothing happened. Tried several times and then...

2. Tried to get hold of their support. Each time I tried the page was rejected with the message an entry was missing. No entry was missing but when I went back to the page they had deleted an entry.

3. Finally, I tried to email them. At first, got no answer. Then last night my email was returned by the Webmaster with the notation it could not be delivered because their mailbox was full. No doubt complaints they were not reading.Now I have to see if I can get the bank with my credit card to reverse the charge.

Website
www.ilounge.com
Well, I am curious to see how this turns out, but I wouldn't be so quick to label it a "scam". The company itself seems to have been in business for a while, and their other products have received positive reviews from reputable sources like ZDnet.

Obviously, they're having an issue with their e-commerce site right now, coupled with a customer service issue, but that doesn't mean that they're deliberately trying to scam anybody.

The real problem with web-companies like this is that sometimes the entire "company" is one lone programmer on his home computer. If he's busy or away, then customer service suffers.

As I've said, I am curious to see how it turns out, but I wouldn't consider it anything more than poor customer service at this point.

Please let us know what happens.

digital843

ppctunes - update

EUREKA! Got it working. Worked all night with no luck so transferred program to another computer. About 2 am it started downloading so I slipped in a new SD card and went to bed.
Next morning - VOILA! All the iTunes the card could hold had been downloaded to my hp6315 and play fine.

MEA CULPA for terming this a scam. It took a while but it is working now and appears to be the Holy Grail of iTunedom - transferring iTune dowloads to a pda and only 9.95. The site is www.ppctunes.com

John

Rudis

Website
www.rudism.com
Pocket Mac is definitely not a scam company. Their Pocket Mac software (for syncing pocket PCs with Macs) has been around for years and is fairly highly regarded by its users. I'm sure what you're experiencing is just a series of unfortunate glitches and you'll get your software from them eventually.