Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Need help creating my own mixed album

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 08-02-2003, 11:17 PM

zab
Freshman Lounger

Need help creating my own mixed album

I am using the music match to create my own mixed album of 80s tunes. I am creating it from MP3s I have already downloaded from the net. However, I will be creating the mix of artists that are already in my Ipod, as well as artists that are not. I also have entire studio CDs ripped to my Ipod. How should I tag my mixes, so names of artists do not appear twice in my artists list? I plan on making probably 3-5 mixes like this. Hope you guys know what I am tryng to ask. Thanks for the help in advance.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 08-04-2003, 11:14 AM

Homeless Member

I'm sorry..but i'm really getting lost here...i'm guessing that you want to create a seperate album on your ipod, but some of the names from that album are already listed under "artists"

so you're asking how to stop the multiple appearances of the same name in your "artists" list while also having them in your 80's "albums" list? wow ok i just confused myself...basically all i have to say is that you should make sure that all the songs under one artist are tagged CORRECTLY (not only in spelling errors but also spaces between and after the names [MMJB might not recognize those spaces but the ipod sure will, creating the same name multiple times])...after you did that...make sure all the artists for your 80's album are tagged under the same album name (which letz jus say will be like 80's music or somethin)...you shouldn't see your artist appear twice and yet still be able to browse through your 80's albums. Gosh i am so confused with wut i jus typed...hope it helped SOME bit...

Lover of: iPods

Topic: Need help creating my own mixed album

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.