Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: MusicMatch 8.0

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 05-14-2003, 10:53 PM

Apple Rocks!

Angry MusicMatch 8.0

Hello,
I need Help! I just downloaded MusicMatch 8.0 the New one and it won't let me use it with my code from Apple. It says mine is for 7.5 plus not anything newer. Can anyone help! Is anyone having the same problem? Thanks a lot Kayle

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 05-14-2003, 11:05 PM

Freshman Lounger

Try installing the version from the iPod (7.50.5002) first and then install 8 on top of it. I got it to upgrade, but it wouldn't work with my iPod. I recommend 7.50.3103.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:10 PM

Apple Rocks!

Okay will try. I thaught 7.10.405 came with the iPod. Why didn't 8.0 work? I want to experiment. Thanks Kayle
Old 05-14-2003, 11:23 PM

I don't think they've released an iPod plugin for version 8.0

Adam

Old 05-14-2003, 11:28 PM

Apple Rocks!

Thanks Adam
Old 05-15-2003, 11:15 AM

themantis

MusicMatch 8.0 Upgrade

It seems that 8.0 might be available to docking iPod owners for free, but not to owners of scrollwheel or touchwheel iPod owners.

Yet another slap in the face for Windows iPod users.

I consider 8.0 to be just a bug fix for a problematic, sloppy, unacceptable MusicMatch7.5. It is ridiculous that Musicmatch will not allow iPod owners, who undoubtedly make up a large portion of their paid customers, to continue to receive software updates.

I am now no longer recommending iPod to my friends because it seems that neither Apple nor Musicmatch is willing to support its customers with software after as little as one year of product ownership. Unbelievable.

Old 05-15-2003, 02:05 PM

Freshman Lounger

Wow. I mean, double wow.

It would seem that iPod for Windows is no longer a really tenable proposition. Until Apple either gets a better third party, or releases iTunes for Windows, I will no longer be recommending Winpods, nor purchasing them for gifts.
Old 05-15-2003, 02:21 PM

Freshman Lounger

Exclamation I wouldn't go that far

I LOVE my iPod, and I wouldn't want someone to not use it becasue of crappy Windows apps. My reaction at first was that MM 7.50.5002 (version on the new iPod cd) needed a lot of help. After working with tech support for a few days, I was given a new version to install. The "new" version has an older build number, but I'm told really is a newer build. I installed 7.50.3103 the other night, and I havne't had any problems with it since. It syncs in a matter of seconds for few changes, or minutes for whole albulm rips. I haven't heard back from MM tech support as to if this version is readily available.

I don't know why Apple would take a great device and pair it with inferior software. In one way I guess it points out how good iTunes is, but at the same time it is obviously frustrating/discouraging new iPod owners.

Give 7.50.3103 a shot before you make any final decisions.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:32 PM

Senior Lounger

Where can people with docking ipods go to upgrade? I have a 15 gb., and when I use MM to search for updates, it's says there aren't any. By the way, where can I download that version you guys were talking about?

Insanity is the mother of invention

comp: 2.6 ghz. P4
Windows 2000
15 gb. ipod: Wolfpod
Old 05-15-2003, 05:00 PM

Freshman Lounger

The other night I did a check for updates and it installed 8. I got 7.50.3103 from tech support after putting up a stink for a few days. I recommend sending in a tech support request and asking for it. Can't hurt.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:00 PM

Freshman Lounger

Does Apple tech send you a link to the download for 7.50.3103 or do they e-mail it to you? If it's a link can you just share it?
Old 05-16-2003, 11:44 PM

Freshman Lounger

i own the old 10gb i am happy that the key doesnt work with the new version of music match. I have hated the program from day one. It is one of the worst music programs i have ever used. I would rather use eph pod or Xplay both are much superior then crappy music match.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:09 PM

I'm feelin supersonic

Quote:
Originally posted by figured
i own the old 10gb i am happy that the key doesnt work with the new version of music match. I have hated the program from day one. It is one of the worst music programs i have ever used. I would rather use eph pod or Xplay both are much superior then crappy music match.
I disagree. It's not "the worst music program" at all. FOR THE IPOD, yes it's not a good application. The synching is slow and can get sloppy at times. But in terms of organizing music and playing them, MusicMatch is truly one of the better apps out there. I use EphPod to synch and manage my iPod, but I'll never stray away from MusicMatch to play my music.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:36 PM

Junior Lounger

I agree, I've tried others and find MM to be the best for me. I don't have any problems with iPod and MM.

I like iPod but don't see it as "Beautiful", over priced, yes.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:22 PM

Feel the ?

I upgraded my version - i have a gen3 ipod. However when i first updated with my key, it would let me. I didnt use the version from the cd either. I think i saw on ipoding that one could just send a email to musicmatch to get a new key.

Music is life... The rest is details

Topic: MusicMatch 8.0

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.