Help!!! EAC can't see CD using DVD-RW burner!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ebony1

I just got a new laptop, with a DVD-RW burner, and when I tried setting up EAC through the setup wizard, I inserted a music CD in the drive, but it said it could not detect any music CD. I have a Philips DVD+RW SDVD6004 burner. anyone know what the problem is?

Please help!

mulgar

You should try a few things first to narrow down the problem.

1) Can you read normal CD-ROM's in the drive? Check that that works. ie: Can you see them in explorer or whatever
2) Assuming above works try a few music CD's does your computer recognise them?

If a no to the above 2 questions, then something is wrong with your computer, the easiest thing to do is its new so means its under warranty, contact the person you bought it off and explain the situation.

You can also confirm that the music cd's that you are putting in the computer do not have 'copy-control', it should say so on the case, its a new copyright thing that basically is a pain in the arse.

Now, if you can see a music CD fine in windows, but it doesn't seem to find it in EAC, then something is wrong with EAC. Most likely its just the configuration settings so check through all of these, and also refer to EAC's troubleshooting guide and help to help you try to solve the problem.

Hope this helps let me know how far you get.

hedger

think it's a problem with your aspi layer. Download them from Nero or Adaptec, that was what happened to me.