IPOD and Music Match please help...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

JDH4

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. I have a G3 40G IPOD that I was using Music Match with on a XP Professional machine. Everything worked great until today, when I decided to update my IPOD software to the newest August release. When I tried to place the IPOD on the docking station MM did not come up. Then when I selected MM and personal device, it was not recognized. I have since reset the IPOD, reinstalled the old update V2.1 but can not get MM to work. I reinstalled the software from the Apple website and even the IPOD device manager does not recognize the IPOD. Only windows explorer will recognize the IPOD as the ???H??? drive. How can I get MM to work again?

Thanks, JDH

iPodFiend

Don't know...I have the same problem..It would suck to have to wait until another update...which does not sound good...I really don't know though...

iPodFiend

Ok..I downloaded my 2004-08-06 Update off of the Apple Website...I just noticed that it says the Windows requirements are to have iTunes 4.6 or later...aaaarrrrgh....Just like you I went to an old driver and so on, which was a waste of time, if only I had read everything before downloading....I'm getting iTunes now as we speak...so I'll see how it goes.

Trog

I have just had exactly this problem. It's ####ing me off a bit. I have just got i-tunes, and it does work OK, but I actually quite like MMJB - I'm used to it, and I just don't want to change to i-tunes, and I'm not best pleased that Apple seem to be forcing me to.

Can I roll back to the previous Ipod software version?

PSBDallas

I sent MMJB an email regarding this and this is what I got:

Please note that Musicmatch Jukebox can only support iPod firmware versions 1.0-1.3 and 2.0-2.0.1. More recent iPod firmware versions, including all versions of the iPod mini, are not supported.

They also went on to tell me that Apple changed it's firmware to 3.0.1 and they were unaware but are working on getting a fix.