Some Ipod/Ephpod Genius required here

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

nanda539

im using a 15 gig 3rd gen with windows xp, an audigy ( yeah i know !! ) powered firewire card and ephpod to do my transfers. however, after a couple of weeks of ipod heaven, i started getting problems:

note though: the ipod itself works fine. no problems in playback at all, everything there is perfectly fine.

- after connecting it to the pc, about a minute or so later, it would automatically disconnect itself - the do not disconnect sign would be replaced by the ipod menu, and the little green device removal icon on the taskbar would disappear. i used another cable and my non powered firewire port - all to the same end. hence, i couldnt use ephpod to transfer any tracks, and couldnt restore factory settings using ipod manager as it would give me a "cant mount ipod" message.

heres what ive been told to do, and done so far:

-turned off norton antivirus ( apple support's opinion)
-changed power settings for windows hard disks
-reset the little bugger a coupla hundred times.
-used another i-changed the portpod on my computer, which works fine.
-changed the cable

any ideas ?

ashawley

Website
www.
you don't want to hear this but I'll say it:

Get rid of the Audigy

However, I don't understand what:

used another i-changed the portpod on my computer, which works fine

means, so if you're saying that you tried the iPod on a different firewire card, then getting a new card might not be the issue (it still could though).

I'd be willing to bet that if you pick up a cheap firewire card, plug it in you'll be all set.

Adam

tools

I don't think it's his firewire card. I just started having the same problem last night, and I have the Adaptec 4300, which was recommended by Apple themselves. I never did figure out last night, as I got too tired to keep trying. Now I can't get ephpod to work at all, after working fine for 2 weeks. I went to the Genius Bar at the new Apple store in Chicago yesterday on an unrelated problem (my ipod frequently skips the first song on an album) and of course they claim "it's not an apple issue". There best guess is its an ephpod issue. I am running v2.58, because that is what is on their website. How do I get the most current version?