problem burning cd's

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

habiv

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you.

I have been having trouble burning cd's in itunes. When I sync up my ipod to itunes several folders appear on the left underneath my ipod icon. The folders immediately underneath the ipod icon are offset to the right (I think that these are folders that are on my ipod. These folders are titled itrip stations and purchased music). these two folders are the only folders that i can drag music to. the problem is, itunes does not allow me to burn from these folders. instead of the burn circle that should appear in the upper right hand corner there is a circle that says brows underneath it. There are also folders underneath the two folders I mentioned above, however, they are not offset to the right. they are in line with the ipod icon. When i click on these folders the burn circle does appear in the upper right hand corner. the problem is, itunes does not allow me to drag music into these folders. Did i do something wrong when i set up itunes? I realize this explanation is a bit confusing but any help that anyone can give me would be much appreciated.

bhb399mm

Website
www.audi-forums.com
i think i understand... you need to create a playlist from the music you have stored on your hard drive (click the '+' button - bottom left in itunes)

you can then name the playlist whatever you want.... once you put the songs you want on the cd into your new playlist (drag and drop) you can then burn that playlist to an audio cd

Why are you trying to burn music that is on your iPod in the first place? If you want to make a back up CD then you don't need the iPod to be hooked up to the computer to do this. Just make a playlist with the songs to burn and burn them.

habiv

bhb399mm - I tried making a new playlist but like i said before when I make a new playlist in the category of folders that are offset to the right, itunes does not allow me to burn from this folder. i can drag songs to this folder but it does not allow me to burn. I still get the brows icon in the upper right hand corner instead of the burn icon. When I make a new playlist in the category of folders that are in line with the ipod icon, itunes allows me to burn (the burn icon appears in the upper right hand corner) however, itunes does not allow me to drag songs to this folder. So, let me re-cap. When i creat a playlist in the first category of folders I can drag songs to the playlist but itunes does not allow me to burn from this folder. When I creat a playlist in the second category of folders I cannot drag songs to the playlist, however, the burn icon now appears in the right hand corner when i click on this playlist. So, no matter what i do for some reason i cannot burn.

honeybee1236 - I have two computers. One with a burner and one without a burner. the computer without the burner has none of my mp3's on it. So, in order for me to burn a cd i have to sync up the ipod to drag the songs to a playlist. the problem is, (Please read reply to bhb399mm), when i create a playlist i either cannot drag songs to the playlist or i cannot burn for the playlist.