Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Ipod showing "no songs"

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-12-2009, 09:25 PM

Freshman Lounger

Ipod showing "no songs"

Hey folks

Dont know what the hell has happened here.......... I added some songs onto my Ipod using EPHPOD 2, and then "saved" my progress. My Ipod displays "no songs" "no albums", but it shows that I only have 30.5 gig free, and the fact I can still play my songs when I connect through EPHPOD means that they are still on the pod.

My question is, HOW THE HELL CAN I SEE MY SONGS ON THE POD !!!

Please help

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:31 AM

Veteran Lounger

iPods keep track of content files in a pre-compiled "index file"; when that index file gets damaged, the iPod has no idea what's what. (Similar to the way a library keeps a catalog of it books -- rather than make the librarians walk up and down all the aisles searching for the one book you want, the library keeps an indexed catalog; the book's entry in the catalog tells the librarian right where it is, along with info like its genre, author, title, subject, etc.) In your case, EphPod borked the index file and now the iPod has no guide to where its files are. (Not an uncommon event in the world of EphPod.)

There are apps that claim to fix the index file (like CopyTrans Doctor), but they cost $$ and there's no guarentee they'll work. Easiest thing to do is Restore the iPod and reload it from iTunes.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:01 PM

Freshman Lounger

What if you dont have a back up of these things on my Ipod? If I do a restore does this mean I will lose all my data? The only reason I used EPHPOD is because Itunes more or less kills my pc
Old 05-19-2009, 01:18 PM

Phil.J
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfrazer View Post
What if you dont have a back up of these things on my Ipod? If I do a restore does this mean I will lose all my data? The only reason I used EPHPOD is because Itunes more or less kills my pc
What is your iPod model? an iPod Classic?

Because the iPod Classic have an encryption hash in the database. If the hash is not correctly set, the iPod shows you 0 track.

EphPod is old and I don't think it supports the iPod Classic.

If you restore your iPod, you will lose everything.

I just have an idea, download another iPod manager (but iPod Classic compatible, my favorite is CopyTrans Manager, google it) and try to add a song to your iPod.

If your database is not corrupted, it will set the correct hash.

The other solution is to backup all your iPod and restore it.

Topic: Ipod showing "no songs"

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.