Moyea Video Converter: Buyer Beware!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CricketVideo

As a straight-ahead flv to whatever converter it works OK. Get one step out of line with the documented examples and nada. The real problem is the marketing and updates. It is a total scam. Beware or you will lose your money! Oh, and a nuisance aside. There is NO WAY to unsubscribe from their email, ever. You will have to block the address. That alone is a clue.

This company raised a lot of red flags, no pun intended, at first. They are based in mainland China and they looked a bit dodgey, but couldn't find anything specifically about them. Gave it a try. Software is OK, but starts immediately prompting for updates.

I ignored the update prompt as long as I could, and after about a month decided to let it get an update to shut it up. The "update" installed all new software. Software that your purchased registration key is no good for. There is no way to go back to the old version. They really think you're going to say, "Oh, they got me" and send them money for a new subscription. I hired a lawyer to serve them and they don't even answer legal documents. They are all "hugs and kisses" in their correspondence- literally, it is quite strange- but will not say word one when the software doesn't work or they rip you off.

Bottom line, these people bank on the fact you'll try it once. Fine, if you want to kiss that money good-bye. Even if they don't get you with the update, they build in obsolescence so that it stops functioning after a while. It's basically a timed subscription sold as ownership. Well, not much time. If you follow the prompts, you would lose it wihin a day of installing it, via "updates". This is a very good example of western greed penetrating everywhere. They could sell this legitimately and make a handsome return. Instead they would rather rip people off, I guess out of laziness and a desire to do fraud like the West! Customer support hours are mainland China's; if you can ever reach anyone it helps if you can speak Mandarin.

Or look on the serialz site. After no responses, I posted all my numbers there. The key is the version. They release a new one weekly to keep the codes out of date. You'll find it hasn't been ripped as much as you would expect from the popularity/price/ease of doing so. The reason is that even if you rip it, you still run into these problems. Your mileage may vary, but, basically, it's useless.

Regardless, you will be dealing with a company that is trying to rip you off at every turn!

Last edited: