iPod/Anapod conflict: pleae help!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

aspidistra

I recently installed Anapod 9 on my computer (Windows XP).

Anapod can read the 3000 plus music files contained on my iPod (80G classic, bought last year) and reproduce them on the computer without problems. However, when I try to disconnect the iPod i receive the following message:

"Your iPod has not been initialised to play back iTunes music-store files. You will need to transfer at least one music-store file via iTunes before your iPod will be able to play back your protected audio files."

Then when I turn on the iPod after disconnecting, it appears as having no music at all; not just the files bought from the iTunes store, but neither the files I have uploaded previously from cds via iTunes. Nothing, although they are obviously still there. I have tried "transfering" (or copying/pasting) and drag and drop from various files to others to try and solve the problem, but to no avail. If anyone could suggest a solution I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks in advance for any help received.

Code Monkey

Anapod hasn't worked properly for years. Unless you happen to be using an iPod from 2006 or older with a firmware from 2006 or older with a version of iTunes from 2006 or older, you're pretty much SOL. Since you mention it's a 6G, you're SOL.

There are a number of 3rd party management options that work with more recent iPods (the most recent ones are still unsupported for the most part), but Anapod is *not* among them.

aspidistra

Code Monkey said:
Anapod hasn't worked properly for years. Unless you happen to be using an iPod from 2006 or older with a firmware from 2006 or older with a version of iTunes from 2006 or older, you're pretty much SOL. Since you mention it's a 6G, you're SOL.

There are a number of 3rd party management options that work with more recent iPods (the most recent ones are still unsupported for the most part), but Anapod is *not* among them.
Thanks for the speedy reply. The iPod in question is actually 80G, not 6G, but you say the problem is that it is more recent than 2006 so I guess the HD size is irrelevant in this question. I'm not up on the jargon I'm afraid, but I think it's safe to say that "SOL" is not a good thing!
Any suggestions for a more recent 3rd party management option that might free up my tracks?
Thanks

Code Monkey

aspidistra said:
Thanks for the speedy reply. The iPod in question is actually 80G, not 6G, but you say the problem is that it is more recent than 2006 so I guess the HD size is irrelevant in this question. I'm not up on the jargon I'm afraid, but I think it's safe to say that "SOL" is not a good thing!
Any suggestions for a more recent 3rd party management option that might free up my tracks?
Thanks
FYI, it is a 6G, as in sixth generation, or "classic" as Apple dubbed it.

I'm pretty sure Media Monkey will manage the 6G iPods, also look into a program called Floola and see if that will help.