looking for itunes sleep timer & alarm with specific requirements

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bilyth

Hi there,

1st post...

i'm looking for a sleep timer and(/or) alarm program. i say "or" because preferably the same program could do both..but i suspect some program may only do one or the other.

I need it for WINDOWS! unfortunately..these kind of good things seem to be available only for macs.

i've searched around & haven't found exactly what i'm looking for.

i've looked at isnooze, citrus, alarm clock, & alarm clock pro. The closest thing that has the most options are alarm clock pro...

but- one thing that i want which seems lacking in all these is the ability to gradually increase volume over at least 30 minutes..if not more. alarm clock pro seems to top off at double digit "seconds".

I also need it to work through itunes only because i want it to come through an airport express in another room.

the rest of my requirements are pretty standard- select the alarm to play a song or playlist..etc...

I would also like to find a sleep timer for itunes that will basically play a song/playlist at a certain time & have it slowly fade out after a certain period of time. it'd be nice to have it play for "x" minutes at "x" volume & then start to fade AFTER "x" minutes over a period of "x" minutes.

please help..there has to be something out there that fits these requirements..shouldn't be too hard to program no? if only i knew anything about computers....

anyways, if anyone has any info..please let me know! thanks.

ps- i'm willing to pay for such a program (ie doesn't have to be a free program...but that would be nice too)

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
Yeah too bad u don't do coding... it's not too hard indeed if.... :(

I have a universal remote that can be programmed to send commands to my alarm clock at intervals, of course it HAS to be in the same room. Your smart remote may have this feature.

bilyth

how about for ipod instead than itunes

i've been thinking..initially i thought i'd have greater control by finding something for itunes & streaming through airport express to the other room.

but, now i wonder..since the ipod has a sleep timer & an alarm (& i have small ext speakers in my bedroom)...is there a hack somewhere that can make the ipod sleep timer (& alarm clock)- increase or decrease its volume over a specified time?

i guess a simple solution is to buy an ipod "dock" alarm clock..but that means shelling out more cash- plus i can't tell from some of their descriptions if these clocks offer gradual volume changes over a specified time- like 30 mintues that i'm hoping for.

i also just saw a website tutorial that describes how to change the volume of songs in itunes by adjusting the volume in "get info". Does this work well? i was planning on looping a single track for the timer & alarm...so i suppose i could make a playlist of the same track but multiple copies that are set at different volumes...& make enough copies to play over 30 minutes? is that a cheap man's solution?