Getting Play Count out of ipod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

w1r3d

is there any software that can get the playcount of my ipod video???

i want this because everytime i conect my ipod to my computer itunes resyncs arround 5gb everytime, i have tried everything, from reinstalling itunes to restoring my ipod.... and the only thing i care now is my play count.... anyone knows how to do this with a free softwar???

miniMAMF

How do you have your sync settings in iTunes?

If you sync all music and playlists, iTunes should just trade play data when syncing, not the songs themselves (provided you haven't changed name tags or the files themselves in between syncs).

If it's not doing it right, I suggest re-installing iTunes.

w1r3d

i have it to sync all music and playlists, and i have already said that i have reinstalled itunes...

toothpaste

1. Do you manually sync or have auto sync?
2. Clarify what the playcounts have to do with your current problem as in do you have a smart play lists that doesn't update?

Because what your original post states is not clear at all.

w1r3d

auto sync, the problem isnt with playcounts or playlist, itunes just seems to resync arround 5gb and i want to save the playcounts to rebuild my itunes library, like start a new one but with the playcounts to see if that fixes my problem.

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
If your iPod is re-syncing all its contents each time you connect, obviously that is not normal behavior but it may not be an iTunes issue. Has your iPod always done that? If you have all your media in your iTunes library, have you tried restoring your iPod? Re-building your iTunes library (and preserving your playcounts) should be lower on your checklist of things to try.

w1r3d

no my ipod never did this before, its a 30gb ipod so it doesnt resync everything only arroung 5gb, i have tried restoring the ipod and reinstalling itunes, i think theres something worng with my itunes library because i tried making a new one and i didnt have any problems with the new one, i saved the old itunes library so i wanted to know if i could extract the play counts out of that one or extract the itunes database from my ipod, not the songs but the info like "last played and play counts"...

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
If you've duplicated the native song files that make up your library, have you tried copying the "iTunes Library.itl" and "iTunes Music Library.xml" files from the original library folder into the new folder? Not sure if that would fix the re-syncing problem, but it would preserve your playcounts (and playlists and ratings).

w1r3d

when i do that i start getting the 5gb resyncing again.... i think thats where the problem is, in my original xml and itl file..... something must have happened to them :(

bwh79

Yes, there is software that will pull information (including playcount and last-played date) from the iPod. Couple of names that come to mind are PodUtil and YamiPod. I don't use or endorse any of these programs, those are just two names that come to mind at the moment. Read "How to copy songs from your iPod to your hard drive" for more info. I don't know which programs will copy metadata and which ones won't, but that thread ought to be helpful.