Official Petition to Red Chair Software - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Official Petition to Red Chair Software

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 01-12-2007, 04:37 PM

1,2, WOOP WOOP

Official Petition to Red Chair Software

So on the advice of several goons and loving the demo version, I bought Anapod Explorer.

The thing is (and anybody with Red Chair experience can attest to this) is that they really don't care about you or even if their software works, as long as they got your money.

So, this being the Web 2.0 era I decided to do something about, namely make an internet petition on Digg! But seeing as how huge companies like Best Buy and Apple have folded into Digg pressure, I'm hoping for some positive change here.

As the customers of Red Chair Software, all we're asking for is to be treated fairly. If we purchase software, we expect to be able to use it in a timely manner. Also, we expect that the software maker will provide technical support to the best of his/her knowledge as opposed to just blatantly ignoring the issue. The actions of Red Chair Software are absolutely deplorable.
What we as the users of Red Chair/Anapod Explorer are asking are listed below:
1. A reasonable response time to technical support/activation issues. 72 Hours for technical support and 24 hours for activation issues.
2. Some kind of response to feature requests, perhaps a forum for people who purchased the program, so that if Red Chair can't help, we can help each other.

If you need convincing of their horrendous service record here are some iLounge.com threads:
My God - is that a response by RED CHAIR. I am stunned (no seriously).
hey heres some people that paid money and didn't even get anything!
:goatsecx:
More activation issues
Purchased... but nope can't use the software
Activation Issues
Activation issues again
A thread from Red Chair... which is pretty much just an excuse.

Thanks for reading and if you agree, please help out by digging this petition here: Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by enjoilax; 05-10-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:47 PM

Reclined Lounger

i just want my damn transaaction ID to work on my ipod!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2007, 05:10 PM

1,2, WOOP WOOP

We need people to get this on the Digg frontpage if anything is to happen!
Old 01-13-2007, 05:05 AM

Freshman Lounger

Totally Agree

Don't get me wrong - the software is great when it works as I cannot stand iTunes. However, I have emailed them numerious times and they never respond.

It is shocking that a company can behave like this.

If they can improve their customer service, I will continue to support them. If not, I'll move onto something else (for example, dopisp which is actually quite good as I like Media player, would be perfect if they support Album Art and it's in the pipeline).

Anis
Old 01-13-2007, 12:27 PM

mrdantownsend

I have a digga ccount, but I never use it

I'll add this anyway!
Old 01-13-2007, 10:42 PM

1,2, WOOP WOOP

edit - back on the prowl.

Last edited by enjoilax; 01-15-2007 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:00 AM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoilax
This is worthless. Mods please delete this thread.

Why?

Red Chair just needs to step up and either sell this software to another Co that actually cares about customer service, or do away with their stupid token system.

The whole thing stinks:

The best software I've ever used for my iPod.
The worst company I've seen people TRY to deal with.

I loath the day I have to replace my iPod. I can only imagine the hoops I will be forced to jump through.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:27 PM

UberGellin' Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnisKhan
If not, I'll move onto something else (for example, dopisp which is actually quite good as I like Media player, would be perfect if they support Album Art and it's in the pipeline).
Interesting product. Not sure if you'll be better off though:

Quote:
Technical Support

We do not provide any technical support for MGTEK dopisp. If you have questions regarding MGTEK dopisp, please post your question in the Yahoo Group 'dopisp'.
I guess you won't be worse off. Or would you? Seems to be a toss-up, but Anapod certainly has more feature support.

Enjoi - I hear ya man. I'm lucky enough to have not had too many issues with Anapod so far (knock on wood). They've had growing pains from the start and are certainly having issues keeping up with Apple's changes/mods. And their licensing/token mechanism for activation etc... is pretty maddening. Eventually, they will have to change/improve or they will continue to lose customers and pay the ultimate price.

Cheers.

[shabbs]

iPods: 4G [40GB, 20GB] + 2G iPod Touch [16GB]
iPod audio: Sony MDR-EX71SL + MDR-V600 headphones, h/k go + play
MP3: EAC 0.99pb4 [secure] w/ Lame v3.98 [-V 0]
Old 01-26-2007, 06:14 PM

Freshman Lounger

Red face Great software --- support is lagging

Love the software....

Would like 24 hour response to problems. How about 48 hours?

Please help!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:29 PM

1,2, WOOP WOOP

Bump For Great Justice!

People Need To Digg It Or Else Nothing Will Happen!
Old 01-29-2007, 01:25 PM

I'll sticky this to give it a further chance.

Click the image to open in full size.
5G 80GB iPod / iPhone 4 / MacBook Pro / Last.fm /
Links to common ?'s
FAQS | Artist missing songs | iPod not Recognized Mac or PC | disable auto-sync temp. | Disk mode How to | iPod has Folder/!
Old 01-29-2007, 01:58 PM

1,2, WOOP WOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by studogvetmed
I'll sticky this to give it a further chance.
Thank you so much!
Old 02-19-2007, 01:21 PM

Freshman Lounger

Alternative

Okay - since RedChair's totally arrogant approach to treating their paying customer like crap and their poor Vista implementation, I've been looking around for an alternative (don't see why I should since I've paid - but hey, I'm starting to sound like a broken record) and here are the results:

Dopisp - WMP iPod solution - erm, okay. Sync pretty good (WMP sync is rather strange, took a while to sort out). However, does not sync high quality downloaded album art e.g. folder.jpg within the album folder - thus it a show stopper.

Media Monkey - Sync okay as well - but does not sync Album Art - must be same as above

Various other freeware such as Ephpod - but a bit flaky and again no Album Art.

Finally a solution - one I'm not 100% happy with (I'll explain in a sec), but this works a charm. WinAmp and ml-ipod plug in. The plug in is really good - load of options. But, I don't really like WinAmp anymore (use to love it) but I find it a bit bloaty now. Would have been great if it worked with Winamp Lite but alas no, you have to go for a full install.

Wish it was a standalone app (hey, just like Anapod), but it isn't. So, RedChair, get you finger out and make us all happy again.

Anis
Old 02-20-2007, 09:09 PM

Freshman Lounger

"Media Monkey - Sync okay as well - but does not sync Album Art - must be same as above"

What? I just synced my new 80G with MediaMonkey, and everything worked perfectly, including album art.

edit: Hmmm, it doesn't seem to sync changes very well. I'll have to explore that later.

FooBar has a plugin as well AFAIK, but I have no idea about features.

For Winamp, you can tweak it to install only what you need (base player, mp3 support, library and ml_ipod may be all that would be required for you). Compared to iTunes, that isn't bloat at all.

Last edited by leadfoot; 02-26-2007 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:26 AM

Freshman Lounger

Well I see I am not alone here in getting absolutely no response from them. I am having issues with Anapod and Vista ultimate 64. It started with a drag and drop issue. After I reinstalled and activate my explorer.exe file disappears. I have went through it a few times now over the last few weeks. I guess I will start looking for other options. Obviously once Redchair gets your money they cease to care.

Topic: Official Petition to Red Chair Software

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.