Have I been ripped off? - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Have I been ripped off?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-26-2006, 03:23 PM

Freshman Lounger

Have I been ripped off?

Hi all,

Over the past year I have been using Anapod Explorer, I've been away travelling so I have been using the trial edition for a lot of that time and I have beeen very happy and raved about it to lots of fellow iPod owners!

I recently bought a notebook and I thought ok I can now buy the full edition plus I wanted to buy it to repay Redchair for the use I had had from the free trial edition.

So about a month ago I purchased the ful edition, downloaded it, received my activation code, set up my password access etc. Then about ten days ago I tried to connect and got a message saying my edition needed activating so I entered my code but was told it was invalid. I tried to log into my account but the message was email not recognised, despite it being the same address they emailed my activation details to!!!

I have sent emails to Redchair but with no reply - so my question, have I just been ripped off and is this a common occurance, get your money, deactivate account, delete your email details, not reply and thank you very much pocket the money?

Advice please!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 03:39 PM

RedChair is often not particularly efficient in responding to e-mails. Most people I've spoken to do hear back from them eventually, so I'd suggest that you just give it some time and/or be persistent.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:00 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for your reply and I hope you're right. In the meantime I'm left with a useless application and a lot of frustration!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 05:19 PM

Freshman Lounger

I have been waiting over a week to hear from these people as well. They have HORRIBLE customer service.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:57 PM

Junior Lounger

Red face Just getting disgusted

Just went to load my nano tonight with 1 album, and it was again not activated and it developed a new number.(3rd time)

Got an e mail from Red that it was activated, but this is probably an auto process. I wrote to Cardinal about the activation issues again since it is a new problem,as well as filed a report thru their web site and my account, and I am convinced I will probably wait for a reply.

I hope the nano works when i get to the office tomorrow on my office computer.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:45 AM

Freshman Lounger

Hi,

Can anyone clarify the legal situation here, obviously I (and others) have paid for a product and a promised service which is just not being delivered?

Also is there a "black list" available so other future potential customers can be warned and revenue to the company stopped?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:52 AM

Freshman Lounger

I think the best thing to do would be to file a complaint with PayPal or your credit card company and have them deal with it for you. I hope they do come around and answer my mail, but I sure as hell would not recommend them to anyone after this.

Topic: Have I been ripped off?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.