Anapod 8.9.8 and new firmware don't work.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

HallertauRogue

Updated my 30gb to 1.2 using itunes 7. I also reformatted the thing just for good measure. Went to connect to Anapod and its asking me to activate. The device ID was listed differently and it thought it was a nano, not a 5g 30gig. Even when I enter my transaction code, which is valid, it says I've already used it. That shouldn't be an issue since I have the universal edition, so I can activate it for any number of devices.

I sent a support ticket today, hopefully I'll hear something soon.

gbalbach

same problem

I have a video 5g 60gig version and 8.9.8 anapod - as soon as I updated to firmware v1.2 I ran into the same problem - now anapod thinks I have a nano - of course I did not buy the universal version, just the version that works with the 5g 60gig video models. I also submitted a trouble ticket to redchair software and will post once I get a reply.

MadBob

The Universal version will only work with an iPod that you have registered with RedChair Manually. each new iPod you buy has to be registered with RC.

This is not much of a problem if you can get RedChair to actually answer emails :)

gbalbach

v8.9.9 fixes v1.2

Just saw the release on redchairs website, still no reply to my support ticket but here is what the website says:

Enhancements and Bug Fixes:

Improved support for new iPod firmware 1.2 and iTunes 7 compatibility.
Fixed bug causing other iPods to be incorrectly detected as iPod nano or iPod shuffle.
Fixed compatibility issues on Windows 98SE and ME.

I won't be able to try it out until later today but at least it should be the fix!

HallertauRogue

MadBob said:
The Universal version will only work with an iPod that you have registered with RedChair Manually. each new iPod you buy has to be registered with RC.

This is not much of a problem if you can get RedChair to actually answer emails :)
Of course you have to register each iPod with RC. read the posts a little better please before you discount us as idiots.

I've used the Universal edition perfectly on 2 iPods, both of which were registered successfully without manual activation for some time through many prior releases. It is a bug in the 8.9.8 program that was fixed with today's release of 8.9.9. What was happening was that the app wasn't recognizing 5th gen iPods with the 1.2 firmware, but instead "saw" them as nanos with compeltely different device IDs. This caused activation to fail, which makes sense.

kar2n

5g 30gb, 5618 audio tracks, iTunes 7 problems

Hmmmm....8.9.9...well

The last time i re-loaded my iPod, i used Anapod exclusively. I had delete all files (mp3 & mp4s --- music and a couple of movies). I reloaded everything with Anapod 8.9.8. But...i decided to update iTunes.....

Here is my cross post from the "Issues with iTunes 7 post".

http://forums.ilounge.com/showpost.php?p=992696&postcount=209

Has anyone tried the new 8.9.9 Anapod who also has a lot music/movies? Do anapod 8.9.9 will solve my iTunes 7 compatibility problems?

My post (link above) explains how my PC froze when i connected the iPod (even when Anapod was removed from the system).

Thanx for any suggestions....... :confused:

MadBob

HallertauRogue said:
Of course you have to register each iPod with RC. read the posts a little better please before you discount us as idiots.
Of course there is nothing in your initial post that says you previously had the ipod working with Anapod, maybe next time you should explain correctly. :rolleyes:

Not sure if Anapod has changed, I had to get a key that is portable as the normal keys don't work for me. The way Anapod used to work was.... if you bought a new iPod you had to email the details to RC who would then add it to the devices list, and only then could you activate, this could sometimes take weeks.

sgtpepa

Yes you are correct. My NANO was seen as a new NANO with a different number. I wrote Red Chair and they registered it. But I was still confused, so I wrote them again, and got a reply today stating they fixed the problem in 8.9.9.

I like Anapod and have for several years on many iPods. Yes they do not reply as fast as they once did, but I have never had a problem getting a reply from them

Toobs

Thanks to this thread, I finally solve my problem with 1.2 and an older version of Anapod.

By the way, I did not have to reload any of my media files with 8.9.9.

DeeMak

Originally Posted by sgtpepa
Yes they do not reply as fast as they once did, but I have never had a problem getting a reply from them
Could you please let all of us know who you slept with!!