Help Please - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Help Please

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-11-2006, 04:17 AM

Freshman Lounger

Help Please

ok so i don't really know anything about ephpod at all. but i downloaded it hoping to rip a couple of albums off my 60gb ipod video onto my computer.

i don't know what has happened but ephpod has completely wiped every single song from my ipod. when i open up ephpod, it still has all of my songs and playlists and stuff there, but i can't figure out how to get them back onto my ipod. i'm really freaked out that i'm not going to be able to. can someone please tell me how to do this.

thanks!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:23 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoyo1090
ok so i don't really know anything about ephpod at all. but i downloaded it hoping to rip a couple of albums off my 60gb ipod video onto my computer.

i don't know what has happened but ephpod has completely wiped every single song from my ipod. when i open up ephpod, it still has all of my songs and playlists and stuff there, but i can't figure out how to get them back onto my ipod. i'm really freaked out that i'm not going to be able to. can someone please tell me how to do this.

thanks!!!!!!
ok so this was my original post. i think i have some idea as to what happened now. i think i disconnected my ipod before quitting ephpod and thus resulted in losing all the songs.
i still don't know how to get the songs back on my ipod though...
they are all still there when i plug my ipod in and go into ephpod, and when i right click and check the properties of my ipod in my computer it says "25GB used" which is what i had before this incident. so it appears all of my songs are still on there, but when i disconnect from the computer and look on the ipod there is nothing!

please can someone tell me how to fix this!

thanks,
Old 07-11-2006, 10:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

hey,
yes i've tried that, but to no avail ...
Old 07-12-2006, 12:13 AM

Reclined Lounger

You have to restore your iPod. It will erase everything and make the iPod like new, so all your music should be on your computer, because you will have to reload it.

Use the iPod updater and restore your iPod. Then put your music back on, and you're all set.

Click the image to open in full size.

| 2.2GHz MacBook Pro | 2GB Ram | 120gb Internal HDD | 300gb External HDD |

| 5.5g 80gb iPod | 4g 30gb iPod Photo |
Old 07-12-2006, 12:21 AM

Freshman Lounger

hey thanks for the reply!
the only problem is, i have a laptop that has barely any space. so all of my music is on cds which i load on to itunes, add to ipod, and then delete from the computer. thus i have basically none of the music on my ipod on my itunes, so deleting it will see it gone forever!

i do have an idea though - i'm not sure if it will work however. what would happen if i downloaded ephpod on my friends computer, plugged my ipod into that, and then added all of the music on my ipod onto HIS itunes. then i could reformat my ipod, and put all of my music from HIS itunes back onto my computer...?

haha, this is getting complicated!
Old 07-12-2006, 12:25 AM

Reclined Lounger

well from what i can tell, your music is on the iPod, but something got corrupted on the file that lists the music on the iPod. It happened to my friend with his 4g iPod, the only solution i found was to restore the iPod, luckily he had all the music on his computer.

The solution you thought of might work, but i don't know if ephpod reads the music from the actual files on your iPod, or through the file that i was talking about before, but you can try

Click the image to open in full size.

| 2.2GHz MacBook Pro | 2GB Ram | 120gb Internal HDD | 300gb External HDD |

| 5.5g 80gb iPod | 4g 30gb iPod Photo |
Old 07-12-2006, 12:32 AM

Freshman Lounger

hmmm ok thanks for the advice.

it looks like my plan might be the only thing i can do, so will have to try it later on. will let you know the outcome. fingers crossed!

thanks!
Old 08-09-2006, 05:36 AM

Freshman Lounger

was there a solution to this problem? i believe its the same thing that i did. {Edited - Please watch your language.}

Last edited by honeybee1236; 08-09-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:25 AM

Freshman Lounger

hey, yes this solution did work!

basically what i did:
- used my friend's computer
- downloaded ephpod
- plugged in my ipod
- all the songs showed up in ephpod
- highlighted all the songs
- went "copy to directory" or something similar
- all music copied onto my friend's computer
- then i reset my ipod to factory conditions
- plugged it into the computer
- put all my music back on!

hope this works for everyone else too. i'm definitely never using third party software like ephpod again cos it's not worth the risk!

Topic: Help Please

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.