Wierd iPod - EphPod problem on my new Media Center PC - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Wierd iPod - EphPod problem on my new Media Center PC

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-20-2006, 05:20 AM

Freshman Lounger

Question Wierd iPod - EphPod problem on my new Media Center PC

I have a 3 Gen iPod and up till lately, have been using it "Successfully" with my OLD PIII 500Mhz Notebook running WIN 98SE via a Firewire PCMCIA (or whatever the're called) card and ofcourse 'EphPod'.
...........Then I bought my new supa dupa Media center PC (Intel D940/2GB Ram/Huge HDD) running Win XP MCE 2005 with all updates etc etc......When trying to hook up my iPod to it, it kept on freezing and shutting down (using EphPod latest stable version). Because of other blue screens appearing I had the machine taken back and had the windows install done again......drivers and all...........and when I got it back everything was working great.........apart from the iPod. I thought it may be a problem with the firewire port but I guess it's not since I have successfully captured DV from my MiniDV camcorder.
Whenever I insert the iPod into the iLink Port the PC recognises that something has been added without saying what it is and after about 10secs it shuts down or freezes.
The iPod, as soon as it is connected, goes into the "do not disconnect" state and returns to normal after PC is forced to switch off. All of this happens with EphPod installed but not yet running as I don't get a chance to get to that stage....................
Both the iPod and cable seem to be in order as they still both work with my Notebook plus the New MCE PC's firewire port works (as mentioned above) with my camcorder.......so what am I doing wrong???????????

Can someone please shed some light on this wierd problem of mine...............???

Thanks in advance.........

Topic: Wierd iPod - EphPod problem on my new Media Center PC

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.