help with ephpod error messages

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

metrosexual

greetings! i've been reading these forums for some time now and have yet to see my problem completely addressed
i'm using a third gen ipod with 2.1 firmware
xp and mostly ephpod
i all of a sudden started having transfer issues which would cause ephpod to freeze
what happens is after some transferring, usually 2-3 albums the transfer rate drops to below .08mb/s and i can hear clicking in the ipod. sometimes it will finish the directory other times it just freezes and othertimes i get control errors like...

error message i received after freezing today
file E:\ipod control\music\fii\2696.mp3 parameter is incorrect
this is in ephpod
i just bought a new firewire card (adaptec) because I was convinced this wa the problem. Wrong
i have not dropped or done anything strange with the unit
WTF is the problem?
Please help because i am about to cry over this
i love my ipod but haven't been able to have more than 4 albums on it in the last month or so

Last edited:

revmike

Website
www.
How did you get 2.1 on a 2nd gen ipod? 2.1 is only for 3rd gen ipods. The latest version for 2nd gen is 1.3.

shedboy

ive been having the same problems, not been using ephpod but when i try to transfer my music from my ipod to my computer i get error messages of incorrect parameter and when i tried using ipodutil i got lots of errors as well.

Any one know whats wrong??