Music center, music Jukebox and MP4/AAC

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

pierugg

Website
itextwin.free.fr
Hi,

i would like a few clarifications about MC9 and MJ8

First is does MC9 and MJ8 support mp4/aac? Support for playback that is, I got an encoder.

Also can I synch with my iPod if I only get MJ8 basic, and does the basic version have the music library feature?

What I would like is a program with a library of my music, which could be synched to my iPod, and in which I could edit the tags. Not necessarily the tags in the mp3 or mp4 file, but the tags in my iPod and the library would be enough(As tagging mp4 files is messy/impossible/incompatible/etc...).Is MC9 or MJ8 what I'm looking for?

Pierugg

dmt1

Dismember
Website
users.domaindlx.com
pierugg said:
Hi,

i would like a few clarifications about MC9 and MJ8

First is does MC9 and MJ8 support mp4/aac? Support for playback that is, I got an encoder.

Also can I synch with my iPod if I only get MJ8 basic, and does the basic version have the music library feature?

What I would like is a program with a library of my music, which could be synched to my iPod, and in which I could edit the tags. Not necessarily the tags in the mp3 or mp4 file, but the tags in my iPod and the library would be enough(As tagging mp4 files is messy/impossible/incompatible/etc...).Is MC9 or MJ8 what I'm looking for?

Pierugg
Unfortunately MC9 does not support AAC, and there are no plans to do so in the near future....

You can transfer to the ipod using MC8, but I don't know how much longer it will be supported--it does not work NEARLY as well as MC9--bottom line, if you are going to use one of the versions with the ipod to synch, it's gotta be MC9.

Tagging is fantastic with MC9 BTW, especially if you use it to rip/encode...

c.c.r.

Aye, the J. River crew has cited licensing issues as their reason for choosing not to include any AAC/MP4 encoding/decoding/playback/tagging/etc support.

With MJ8, you can't sync. You can manually upload and download music to/from your iPod, but you cannot synchronize playlists. Use MC9. :D

TimB

Interesting recent announcement that AOL is moving to AAC. Not that we should all do what AOL does, but love 'em or hate 'em they're a major player and influencer in the market.

-=Tim=-