• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Powerbook Network Printing

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mark7798

Hi everyone,
I just bought myself a new 12 inch powerbook yesterday, and I am having trouble printing with it from my network printer.

My network consists of: Cable Modem..Linksys wireless router..one desktop PC (hardwired, XP, and the pc that the printer is hooked up too)..and 4 pc notebooks wirelessly connected (including my new powerbook)..The printer is an HP 2100 all in one connected to the PC via USB.

My Problem: I am new to the Mac, but I am a quick learner and PC and network savy. I enabled printer and file sharing on my pb and I can find the printer on the network. When I try to print something it seems to work on the pb and even shows up in the print tray on the pc, but it says error.

I know there is third party software DAVE...etc... that will do this for me. I am just wondering if there is something I can do to avoid having to use the third party software.

Thanks for any help
Mark