How common are iPods where you live? - Page 11 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How common are iPods where you live?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 06-13-2005, 01:50 PM

Junior Lounger

Well I live in Dallas or rather a suburb of Dallas really, Garland
I bought mine in mid to late March and I was going to Community College. Well I saw 1 or 2 minis and a older 3rd gen Ipod or may have been a gen 2 but after I got mine they became more frequent now when I take the train specifically around Greenville Avenue I seem em a lot more and I always seem to strike up a conversation with fellow Ipodders

A rockstar is a person in your neighborhood
Old 06-13-2005, 03:16 PM

Freshman Lounger

well. at my school..

lets see, we went bowling for a field trip. Our school took 25 lanes. 6-7 ppl per lane. in each lane, there were about 4 ppl with ipod minis..

yea..
i was the only one with an iRiver H10, and i felt special

but they are pretty damn popular. Also, a reason is that there is an ipod store in a major local mall
Old 06-13-2005, 07:53 PM

Freshman Lounger

I live in a small town also and just bought an ipod mini. I teach at a community college and my colleague laughed when I showed it to him. "You are the only person I know our age that has an ipod!" he said. My son, who is studying in Tokyo, was surprised that no one here has one, as apparently zillions of Japanese have them. "I can tell by the earbuds what kind of MP3 player people have," he said.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:51 PM

Junior Lounger

I don't see hardly any iPods where I live but I do know of 4 or 5 people who have one. But once in Charleston SC I saw two people with one and two in cars.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:29 PM

Junior Lounger

I see them alot around here (D.C.). When Im on train usually every other person is using one, and ppl that get on with them sorta flock to areas on the train where they are being used by others. I see less when walking down the blocks, but still alot of them. Alot of people I talk to are always saying "It looks like a ipod club out there".
Old 06-15-2005, 01:22 AM

Say What?

iPods are everywhere in our high school. Mostly 3G/4G ones, some Minis. I've only seen one person with a photo.

The only place I've seen them outside of school is at the Apple store, lol.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:13 AM

Freshman Lounger

I live in Irmo, SC. We don't have an Apple Store (Circuit City sells them and so does Best Buy) and I think that's why I haven't really seen any. Also I haven't been looking, I only got an iPod after seeing it at Best Buy...lol

-Robyn-

2G Blue Mini|Belkin Pink Leather Case|288 songs|windows XP
Old 06-15-2005, 11:02 AM

Freshman Lounger

i m a student at massey university -college of creative arts nz and ipods are everywhere, ipods are definately a popular item
in our major the hard drive space is extremely favoured for files with the bonus music. then u have the music school and you can imagine
Old 06-20-2005, 09:56 PM

Freshman Lounger

When you live in NY, it's all you'll see but in my school, I only know of 4 or 5 people that have considering that alot of kids live in residential areas (otherwise known as the projects). You have to be careful in my school because iPod are everywhere and people that can't afford them will do anything to get them. There are alot of subway & street incidents regarding iPod. It's really quite sad. I changed my ear phones and have to hide my iPod so nothing happens to me or my iPod. =)
Old 06-21-2005, 03:15 PM

Veteran Lounger

Extremely popular! I go to a preppy private school, so basically everyone has an iPod.

Even when I get out of school and go home, everybody has an iPod when I look out the window. It's pretty common since I live in the city of the birthplace of Apple Computer.

HP USB Disk Format Tool || Transfer from iPod to HD ||Blog||
iPod 4G 20GB/iPod nano 1G 2GB/iPod touch 16GB/Lenovo F20 Cokebook/Shure SE110
Old 06-27-2005, 12:36 PM

Freshman Lounger

ha-ha!!

Central London.. I'm surprised when I see someone without an ipod!!

:lol:

20gb 4g ipod
15" Powerbook G4 (superdrive)
Old 06-29-2005, 02:31 AM

Windows Reigns Supreme

almost every prep has an ipod mini at my school, my goth friend has a 20gb 4g, and thats all i know of so far.

its probobly alot more that i dont know of because the new "STUPID" principal banned ipods from school. what a tard, i hate her. now i cant listen to my music before class.

Nazirific sig requirements...400 by 100 is what (literally) every sig maker uses, so 300 by 50 is just dumb.

My "Blog"
FrostByte Designs
Old 06-29-2005, 07:21 AM

Freshman Lounger

ipod is not very popular in Hong Kong,people usually prefer small size players made in Korea (e.g iAudio,iriver,mpio) ,may be people here are concern more on the sound quality rather than the design of their players(actually sound quality of ipod with lack of bass is not acceptable for me....)
Old 07-02-2005, 12:57 PM

Freshman Lounger

In my "one-horse" town, there are VERY few.. Infact I know two other ppl who own them, not counting myself.

-Aric-
Old 07-02-2005, 10:31 PM

Junior Lounger

I've seen about 5-6 iPods where I live.........Right after Christmas my friend and I went to this indoors sports place and I saw 2 people there with them (pink mini, and 4G.) At School=4G, 2nd Gen.Green Mini, Silver mini and my bro said one of his teachers had a 3G charging on the desk.......SO it's been cool seeing other iPod Users.

No more than 2 "userbars" allowed - excess removed

Topic: How common are iPods where you live?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.