Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Sleeping with your 'Pod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 01-11-2005, 01:18 AM

Read lots, Post little

Sleeping with your 'Pod

Contrary to what the thread title may suggest, this is not in any way suggestive, unless you have a fetish for white plastic and chrome.

I was just wondering, how many of you sleep with your iPod? Do you plug it into speakers with the sleep timer on, and listen that way? Or do you use earphones (to not disturb others)? And if you use earphones, aren't you worried that you might sleep on it and in doing so, wreck it?

I guess you could shove it in a sock with the Hold switch on. Anyways, have any horror stories about this to share? Or maybe you can tell me your method of keeping your iPod safe and snuggly while listening to it?

Thanks in advance!

This 5k limit is really killing me.
My first Audion skin!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:49 AM

Junior Lounger

Eugh. No sleepy with headphones, and definatly not earbuds. I fell asleep with earbuds on one time, listening to my old cd player.. woke up the next morning with the chord wrapped tightly around my neck, more than one loop. Definatly not something I'd repeat. I do hook it up to speakers and turn the volume down, but never again with earphones.

"Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast." - Douglas Adams
4g 20 gig + PowerMac =D
Old 01-11-2005, 01:53 AM

Read lots, Post little

I was thinking about that. I've done the same thing. I guess it's a safety hazard as well, with the earbuds in. Not only can you strangle yourself, but it's hard to hear the fire alarm with some good music cranking in the background. Foolish me...

My first Audion skin!
Old 01-11-2005, 01:57 AM

Junior Lounger

It scared me quite a bit @__@; long cord, and I thrash like nuts, so I was pretty much tied up by my own cd player.

Yay for electronic bondage?

"Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast." - Douglas Adams
4g 20 gig + PowerMac =D
Old 01-11-2005, 01:59 AM

Read lots, Post little

I don't stay still in my sleep either, so it would not be a good idea. Thanks for the heads up on that.

My first Audion skin!