Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Sleeping with your 'Pod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 01-11-2005, 01:18 AM

Read lots, Post little

Sleeping with your 'Pod

Contrary to what the thread title may suggest, this is not in any way suggestive, unless you have a fetish for white plastic and chrome.

I was just wondering, how many of you sleep with your iPod? Do you plug it into speakers with the sleep timer on, and listen that way? Or do you use earphones (to not disturb others)? And if you use earphones, aren't you worried that you might sleep on it and in doing so, wreck it?

I guess you could shove it in a sock with the Hold switch on. Anyways, have any horror stories about this to share? Or maybe you can tell me your method of keeping your iPod safe and snuggly while listening to it?

Thanks in advance!

This 5k limit is really killing me.
My first Audion skin!

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:49 AM

Junior Lounger

Eugh. No sleepy with headphones, and definatly not earbuds. I fell asleep with earbuds on one time, listening to my old cd player.. woke up the next morning with the chord wrapped tightly around my neck, more than one loop. Definatly not something I'd repeat. I do hook it up to speakers and turn the volume down, but never again with earphones.

"Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast." - Douglas Adams
4g 20 gig + PowerMac =D
Old 01-11-2005, 01:53 AM

Read lots, Post little

I was thinking about that. I've done the same thing. I guess it's a safety hazard as well, with the earbuds in. Not only can you strangle yourself, but it's hard to hear the fire alarm with some good music cranking in the background. Foolish me...

My first Audion skin!
Old 01-11-2005, 01:57 AM

Junior Lounger

It scared me quite a bit @__@; long cord, and I thrash like nuts, so I was pretty much tied up by my own cd player.

Yay for electronic bondage?

"Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast." - Douglas Adams
4g 20 gig + PowerMac =D
Old 01-11-2005, 01:59 AM

Read lots, Post little

I don't stay still in my sleep either, so it would not be a good idea. Thanks for the heads up on that.

My first Audion skin!
Old 01-11-2005, 04:36 AM

iPod Patrol

Sleep timer? What sleep timer?

I've slept with me iPod a few times *stop laughing* I usually thread the earphone cable throug the lattice on the headboard so there's little or no risk of it getting wrapped around me neck.

But I do worry about dust, even worse, falling asleep and crushing the poor thing.

U2 iPod | black showcase | black mdr ex 71
Old 01-11-2005, 12:51 PM

Read lots, Post little

Sleep timer: the device that lets you fall asleep to music on your ipod, it shuts down automatically after the set time period expires.

My first Audion skin!
Old 01-11-2005, 07:17 PM

Reclined Lounger

i hook mine up to speakers that are on the shelf of my headboard.....i leave it plugged in to the charger so that when my playlist is done, it ####s off and begins charging.

QUICK ?:do you guys make bedtime playlists?
Old 01-11-2005, 08:05 PM

Senior Lounger

i fell asleep listening to mine once...it was still running in the morning (on the on the charger) the buds somehow were still in my ears but the cord went up my sleve around my back out the other sleve and off the bed down to the ipod......dont ask i have no clue how they went completly through my shirt
Old 01-11-2005, 08:42 PM

Freshman Lounger

hehe.. i sleep with mine all the time and nothing bad has really happened.. i have carpetted floor so i wouldn't worry about it falling.. but i wake up and it's fine. also, i do make bedtime playlists with nice quiet music so i can fall asleep easier.

and like i was telling rigby.. wouldn't being strangled and killed by your ipod the most hardcore fan way to go out? that's how i want to die
Old 01-11-2005, 08:55 PM

Prog Enthusiast

Yup I do. I put them on my inMotion, sometimes a mellow playlist, or sometimes a heavy one. I put it on for a 30 minute timer if i'm going straight to bed, but if i'm reading before bed, I put it on for 60 minutes.

-Peter
Old 01-11-2005, 10:20 PM

iPod Patrol

This sleep timer thing is a revelation to me. I have to try it out some time. I have a 'mellow' playlist that I call 'Electric Sheep' after Philip K ####s famous SF book 'Do Androids Dream of...'

U2 iPod | black showcase | black mdr ex 71
Old 01-11-2005, 11:33 PM

Junior Lounger

I sleep with my ipod all the time. I fell asleep and woke up to song number 254. It was weird. The battery hadn't even wore out yet.

60GB iPod photo | iTrip | iSkin: Vamp
Old 01-12-2005, 04:45 AM

Movie Master

i fall asleep with my ipod mini. i sleep 6 feet in the air in my "loft" (its like a bunk bed w/out the bed on the bottom, only on top) i dont think it will fall cuz my loft has like 1ft sides so i dont fall too. i put my mini on the other side of my bed (queen size) so i dont roll over onto it. and whenever i wake up the earbuds have fallen out. i would rather have a hot girlfriend on that side but i am only 14. (15 ON MARCH 27!) so i guess my mini hasnt tried to suffocate me yet.

quote:Originally posted by superman56
what r u gonna do?

Not much more than reporting you to a moderator/administrator and let them deal with it.

This is a serious forum, where we dont call people names in a discussion.
At least I dont sink that low, and I dont tollerate that others offend me!

way to go superman.

"spelling impared"
Old 01-12-2005, 05:36 AM

DeceptiPod

I can't sleep with headphones on (or music playing, for that matter) and I'm too paranoid that I'd roll over and slap my iPod of my nightstand to even try it :O

Topic: Sleeping with your 'Pod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.